|Ref Number||REQ 121760|
|Experience Required||2 years|
Nedbank’s history traces back to the early 19th century with the establishment of the Cape of Good Hope Bank in 1831.
Following successive branding and structural changes, from The Nederlandsche Bank voor Zuid-Africa to the Netherlands Bank of South Africa (NBSA), to Nedcor Group in the 1980s, Nedbank Group was later formed in 2003 and Nedbank is now one of the four largest banks in South Africa.
Also Read: Top Five Scholarships Available
From the moment you step into Nedbank, you will be guided through our processes and all the agile ways of working that allow us to produce high-quality financial products and services at an incredible speed – with room for innovation at all times. Young talent is paired with seasoned talent so that novel ideas and trusted expertise become one. Teams are equipped with a varied array of professionals from all occupations so that each one is always mentored by another’s view.
To market, sell, and cross-sell Nedbank products, In-Branch, to meet the needs of Retail Business Banking (RBB) clients; to retain and grow client base; to achieve and meet business objectives through identifying and fulfilling client financial needs and to provide consistent excellent client service.
- Deliver and achieve all in-branch daily, weekly and monthly sales opportunities by following business unit sales strategy. Ensure technical, company standards and practices are met by vetting the accuracy and quality of applications and security documentation within sales portfolio
- Deliver agreed results through input to client financial analysis, making recommendations to credit, monitoring that security documentation are completed and returned to admin team and by confirming
- Obtain referrals from existing clients and in branch staff through collaboration.
- Market financial products to new and existing clients and stakeholders through the identification of client needs and by matching product to the need. Educate clients on the product offering by presenting them with the relevant information. Ensure retention of client’s full banking relationship through client service and client contact. Plan and implement effective prospecting activities by identifying and responding to business opportunities.
- Ensure all client details are correct by capturing details correctly at application stage.
- Reduce fraudulent transactions by reporting suspicious transactions to the relevant department.
- Finalise client transactions by ensuring client signature for final product accepted. Ensure effective administration and controls in branch portfolio by checking securities and complying with FICA & FAIS requirements. Meet requirements of product applications by providing all required documentation.
- Bank queries and Bank Codes. Resolve client queries by following business procedure and keeping client informed. Act as client’s banking partner by taking responsibility for providing regular feedback
Minimum Experience Level
- 2-3 years’ Retail Banking experience a must
- 1-2 years’ experience Sales Consultant as in the financial sector essential
- Exposure to Small Business Services clients would be an advantage
- NQF Level 5 or Higher in a Financial or Banking related field essential
- Must have a FAIS Complaint qualification (Min 120 Credits)
- Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior Certificate
- Regulatory Examination 1 would be an advantage
Type of Exposure
- Completing various administrative and secretarial duties (e.g.; answering phones; making copies; filing)
- Checking accuracy of reports
- Managing conflict situations
- Sharing information in different ways to increase stakeholders understanding
- Building and maintaining effective cross-functional relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Managing customer expectations
- Working in a fast-paced and changing environment
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Banking knowledge and procedures
- Banking procedures
- Business principles, terms, and definitions
- Data analysis
- Governance, Risk and Controls
Contact the Nedbank Recruitment Team for any recruitment queries at
South Africa +27 860 555 566
Eswatini +27 860 555 566
Lesotho 061 295 2155 / 061 129 2036
Namibia 061 295 2155 / 061 129 2036
Zimbabwe 0242 254 800 / 086 7700 8108
Please contact the Nedbank Bursary Team for any bursary queries at firstname.lastname@example.org