The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to end global hunger. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their shattered lives. Present in nearly 80 countries, the organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to nutritious food and contribute to the lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas. We manage an operating budget of approximately $5.9 billion each year, distributing 12.6 billion rations to those most in need. We reach an average of 80 million people with food assistance in around 80 countries each year.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
With a dedicated focus in the region and its context, but where also relevant globally, the incumbent will be responsible to:
1. Support the Regional Service Operations Unit by writing Python scripts for modification/addition of data into the Digital Assistance Platforms as per requirements.
2. Provide second level DAS operations support to Country Offices regionally.
3. Provide direct database back-end data extracts as per end user request.
4. Maintain close contact with third-level support teams in resolution of issues raised by end users
5. Perform peer review on scripts developed by team members, submitting these to third level support for execution.
6. Perform detailed analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of reported issues; recommend and implement corrective solutions for remote users as needed.
7. Maintain a very high level of FCR (First Contact Resolution Rate) to regularly develop troubleshooting flowcharts, utilization, and contribution to knowledge management resources to achieve faster resolution and higher FCR.
8. Maintain a repository of already written scripts, cache configuration files and SOPs around these.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced University degree in Computer Science, engineering or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or trainings/courses.
Experience: At least 3+ years of post-graduate professional work experience in a software development environment, preferably in a humanitarian context. Experience in business analysis and troubleshooting procedures.
Experience in working in a Service Operations setup. Working experience in workflow and operations support of CRM platforms
Desirable Knowledge & Skills: In-depth knowledge on Python Programming Language, and Database and Web Applications design and development using Django Framework.. Practical knowledge of Agile Development Techniques. Proficiency in using Outlook365, PostgreSQL and Secure Shell. Practical knowledge of ITIL IT Service Management tool and processes. Experience in beneficiary data management in the context of Cash & Voucher programs is an asset. Customer oriented oral and written communication skills.
Language: International Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
National Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty station’s language, if different.
WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK: COMMON STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOUR
These are the common standards of behavior that guide HOW we work together to accomplish our mission.
- Leads by Example with Integrity – Lives the WFP values and shows humanity and integrity by role modelling care for others
- Drives Results and Delivers on Commitments – Delivers on commitments and adapts readily to change
- Fosters Inclusive and Collaborative Teamwork – Is inclusive and collaborative, and contributes to a culture of learning and personal growth