Amnesty International is a global movement of more than 10 million people who campaign for a world where human rights are enjoyed by all. We reach almost every country in the world.
Our aim is simple: an end to human rights abuses. Independent, international and influential, we campaign for justice, fairness, freedom and truth wherever they’re denied. And whether we’re applying pressure through powerful research or direct lobbying, mass demonstrations or online campaigning, we’re all inspired by hope for a better world. One where human rights are respected and protected by everyone, everywhere.
At Amnesty International, we are passionate about what we do and we are proud of our achievements as a movement. To compensate our employees for the critical work they do, we reward them through a combination of an attractive and sector competitive salary and benefits package, high levels of engagement and involvement, and a commitment to employee development.
Benefits include 37 days annual leave (inclusive of public holidays and grace days), pension scheme, employee assistance programme, life assurance and many more benefits designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional, engaging environment.
To assist in the development and implementation of research developments; drafting and assisting in the productions of documents; participating in the coordination of the work of the team and providing it with administrative and other support including in relation to field work and and campaigning and strategies in the [sub-region] teams, including by monitoring response to crisis.
We are looking for an individual who who has an understanding of and commitment to human right issues. You must be able to gather and process human rights-related information and have previous work experience providing administrative support to a team and have effective communication skills.
- Assist the teams’ research, and campaigning activities by gathering and managing human rightsrelated information, media monitoring, internet searches and manual and electronic filing in relevant databases, using relevant language(s)
- Assist with campaigning and research activities through the production and distribution of public and internal campaigning materials, reports and other documents, as delegated or originated by research, campaigns, including drafting, formatting, proof-reading, distribution of texts and, where appropriate, coordinating the translation of documents
- Participate in the planning, organization, and coordination of field research and other relevant AI missions and travel and campaign activities, including preparing budget and providing logistical support
- Participate in coordinating the work of the team and contribute to the overall flexibility of resource use, including through providing program support as agreed with management, and participating in recruitment and other tasks
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- General knowledge of Southern Africa
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- attention to detail and ability to draft and proof-read research, communication and campaign materials tailored to the appropriate audience
- Ability to express ideas clearly, orally and in writing, and communicate complex issues with sensitivity to the audience
- Ability to use sound judgment and initiative, solve problems and provide constructive inputs
If you are talented, passionate about human rights and want to use your skills, knowledge and experience to change the world then we would encourage you to click ‘Apply for this Role’ below.
Amnesty International is committed to being an inclusive employer and providing an inclusive and accessible recruitment process for all. If you would like to receive any information in a different way or would like us to do anything differently to help you apply for our roles, please get in touch with the team by emailing email@example.com