UNICEF South Africa : Executive Assistant Job (2023)
Closes: 26 April 2023
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
The fundamental mission of UNICEF is to promote the rights of every child and adolescent, everywhere, in everything the organization does — in programmes, in advocacy and in operations. The equity strategy, emphasizing the most disadvantaged and excluded children, adolescents, and families, translates this commitment to rights into action. UNICEF’s active commitment towards diversity and inclusion is critical to deliver the best results for children. For this position, eligible and suitable candidates are encouraged to apply.
Also Read: How to send an email for a successful job application ?
For UNICEF, equity means that all children and adolescents have an opportunity to survive, develop and reach their full potential, without discrimination, bias, or favoritism. To the degree that any child or adolescent has an unequal chance in life — in its social, political, economic, civic, and cultural dimensions — her or his rights are violated. There is growing evidence that investing in the health, education, and protection of a society’s most disadvantaged citizens — addressing inequity — not only will give all children the opportunity to fulfill their potential but also will lead to sustained growth and stability of countries.
The Africa Services Unit is based in Johannesburg and specializes in positioning UNICEF in the news as an expert voice on all matters related to children in sub-Saharan Africa. Through analysis and insight of the external environment and nurturing relationships, ASU ensures that our stories and voice reach a broad audience, influence decisions, and brings a positive impact for children. ASU works with content creators to ensure the authentic voice of young people, communities and partners are represented and their storied brought under the spotlight. ASU works closely with colleagues across the regions to improve the skills and awareness related to media, brand and ethical story telling.
|Host Nation||South Africa|
|Closing Date||26 April 2023|
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- On behalf of supervisor, manage incoming and outgoing correspondence, e-mails, and telephone calls.
- Communicate sensitive information to higher level managers.
- Provide routine information pertaining to the work of the division/office.
- Draft responses to written inquiries on routine questions.
- Coordinate responses to sensitive inquiries.
- Prepare briefing materials for official trips or meetings.
- Follow up on established deadlines and ensuring timely submissions by staff on reports, correspondence, and other documents.
- Maintain the supervisor’s calendar and arrange meetings.
- Organize official travel on behalf of supervisor.
- Prepare documentation for the supervisor’s signature reviewing for style, factual and grammatical accuracy.
- Supports capacity development activities and conferences by making the logistical arrangements, through engaging with facilitators, caterers, and hosts.
- Maintains and updates a system which monitors the absence of staff.
- Supports management of administrative supplies, office equipment, and updating the inventory of items.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to administration, communication, journalism.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible human resources, administrative or clerical work experience, with UNICEF or other Agencies.
- Good computer and software skills including MS Office, Vision, Service Gateway
- Relevant experience in Programme communication, M&E and data management is an asset. Experience in both development and humanitarian contexts is an added advantage.
- Fluency (both verbal and written) in English is required.