UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the UN’s global development network, advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience, and resources to help people build a better life. We are on the ground in 170 countries and territories, working with governments and people on their own solutions to global and national development challenges to help empower lives and build resilient nations.
As a trusted, long-term partner of The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (Global Fund, GF), UNDP’s value proposition lies in providing an integrated package of development solutions to strengthen institutions to deliver health services. Within the HHD Group the Global Fund – Health Implementation Support Team (GF/HIST) is a dedicated team providing support to UNDP Country Offices implementing health and development programmes.
In Zimbabwe, UNDP is the interim Principal Recipient (PR) for the HIV grant and is also providing Support Services (Fund Administration (FA) Support Services) to the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MoHCC) as the continuing PR for the tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria grants. UNDP-GF partnership under the 2021-2023 allocation aims to contribute towards the achievement of the vision and goals of Zimbabwe National HIV Strategic Plan, 2021-2025. The GF grant is implemented in accordance with UNDP rules, policies and procedures.
|Closing Date||19 April 2023|
Duties and Responsibilities
Ensures implementation of HR strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Assist in ensuring the full compliance of records and reports with UN rules, regulations, UNDP policies, procedures and strategies; effective implementation of the internal control framework.
- Support the maintenance of an organized physical and electronic filing system of all HR records
- Preparation of correspondence as requested
- Ensure the updating of staff lists
Implements HR services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Preparation of draft job descriptions, vacancy announcements, compiling matrixes, performing functions of Secretary in interview panels.
- Support in payroll processing as required.
- Provision of support in inputting and tracking of all transactions related to positions, recruitment, benefits, earnings/deductions, retroactivities, recoveries, adjustments and separations through Atlas.
- Support in the preparation of submissions to the Corporate Review Panel (CRP) and Corporate Review Board (CRB)
- Maintenance of the rosters including e-rosters.
- Support the compilation of cost-recovery charges in Atlas for HR services provided by UNDP to other Agencies.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education with specialized certification in HR.
- University Degree in Business or Public Administration would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- UNDP HR Certification will be an added advantage
- 5 years of relevant HR and/or administrative experience is required at the national or international level in Human Resources Management
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills.
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing.
- UN/ UNDP relevant experience highly desirable.
- Some experience working with the UN system organizations and/or International NGOs.
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Sound experience in maintaining organized filing systems
Fluency in English with good verbal and written skills