CHINA Government Scholarships for International Students (2023)
2023 Applications now open
The China government created scholarships for gifted students and scholars to pursue higher education or conduct research in Chinese universities in order to increase understanding and friendship between Chinese and people around the world and to promote China’s exchange and cooperation with other countries in various fields.
The Chinese Ministry of Education has given the China Scholarship Council (hence referred to as “CSC”) authority over the admission, enrolment, and administration of recipients of Chinese Government Scholarships.
Also Read: How politics influence international business operations ?
Scholarship Types and How to Apply
- The program is in line with the consensus reached by the Chinese government and the governments and institutions of other countries regarding cooperation and exchange.
- Undergraduates, graduate students, general scholars, and senior scholars are all welcome.
- An applicant must submit an application to their home country’s dispatching office.
- The program’s goal is to provide funding for gifted foreign students to study in China who have been personally chosen and encouraged to do so by specific Chinese colleges.
- The requirements of each of these universities govern the numerous supporting student categories.
- An application must be sent to the Chinese universities offering this program.
Programs for Designated Scholarships
According to collaboration agreements, several programs have been established.
The program, which was established in accordance with agreements on exchange and collaboration between Chinese universities and foreign partners, is intended to support senior and general scholars for a training period of no longer than 12 months.
A candidate must submit an application to Chinese universities and their international affiliates.
|Closing Date||Varies with Institutions|
|Eligible Candidates||International Students|
To be eligible, an applicant must:
1. be a citizen of a country other than the PRC and in good health both mentally and physically;
2. be an academically excellent holder of high school diploma or its equivalent under the age of 25 when applying for an undergraduate program;
3. be an academically excellent holder of a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent under the age of 35 when applying for a Master’s program;
4. be an academically excellent holder of a Master’s degree or its equivalent under the age of 40 when applying for a doctoral program;
5. be a holder of a high school diploma (or higher) under the age of 45 when applying for a general scholar program;
6. be a master’s degree holder or an associate professor (or above) under the age of 50 when applying for a senior scholar program;
7. have passed the HSK (Level 3) when applying for a Chinese-taught undergraduate or general scholar program (excluding Chinese language majors);
8. have passed the HSK (Level 3) when applying for a Chinese-taught senior scholar program;
9. have passed the HSK (Level 4) when applying for a Chinese-taught postgraduate program;
10. meet the admission requirements of the university of preference in terms of language proficiency and academic ability, among others, when applying for a program taught in a language other than Chinese.
1. An applicant shall learn about designated Chinese universities and majors they offer by visiting websites (http://www.campuschina.org) or other means, and identify the preferred scholarship program, designated university and major;
2. An applicant shall reach the designated university for admission documents;
3. An applicant shall reach an application receiving agency for a recommendation;
4. An applicant shall fill in and submit the Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship online via the Chinese Government Scholarship Information.
5. The application receiving agency shall submit the recommended candidates list and their application documents;
6. The CSC will organize designated universities and experts concerned to examine applicants’ eligibility and academic performance before finalizing the short-list candidates;
7. The CSC will notify the admission results to the application receiving agency that will subsequently have the applicant informed.