WFP Business Support Assistant (South Africa)
Closes: 26 Feb 2023
The WFP United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve net zero hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Also Read: Benefits of Women Empowerment for young Women at Workplace !
The African Risk Capacity Group is comprised of ARC Agency, a Specialised Agency of the African Union founded in 2012; and ARC Insurance Company Limited (ARC Ltd), a hybrid mutual insurer and the commercial affiliate of the Group founded in 2014.
ARC Agency was established to help African governments improve their capacities to better plan, prepare, and respond to natural disasters triggered by extreme weather events, as well as outbreaks and epidemics. On the other hand, ARC Ltd offers complementary risk pooling and risk transfer services. Together, the two provide Member States with capacity building and contingency planning services, access to state-of-the-art early warning systems, and risk pooling and transfer facilities towards building resilience against natural disasters such as droughts and tropical cyclones. In the process, the Group strives to apply gender equality principles and achieve inclusivity in the programme to ensure that no one is left behind.
|Host Nation||South Africa|
|Closing Date||26 Feb 2023|
Reporting to the Head of Finance and Administration, the Business Support (Travel) Assistant is responsible for providing a range of operational and administrative support for the organization.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- In line with administrative rules and procedures, initiate, process and maintain records of the administrative actions including: travel (travel, Daily Subsistence Allowance payments and follow up actions on any travel discrepancies).
- Travel invoice payments for all ARC.
- Responsible for travel reporting activities (monthly/quarterly / monthly reports).
- Reconciling of all related travel records.
- Support with providing advice to staff on travel related aspects.
- Ensure coordination of Appointment & repatriation travel and separation clearance.
- Draft office correspondence relating to the area of responsibility for approval by Head of Unit.
- Support processing and managing routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.
- Liaise with other units to resolve issues and clarify or obtain additional information.
- Assist with procurement processes such as creation of Purchase Requisitions, Purchase Order and interaction with supplier to ensure their payments are processed in time.
- Assist on management of mobile phone contracts, utilization of services, timely payments, recovery of personal costs and monthly analysis of service provider bills.
- Assist in inventory management.
- Perform other related duties, as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education and minimum of a Certificate in Business Management or Administration or related functional area.
Experience: Four or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in travel and administrative work. Experience working in the UN or Humanitarian sector is an added advantage.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages.
• Knowledge of Travel and vendor management systems
• Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
• Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
Language: Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Working knowledge of Arabic, French, or Portuguese is highly desirable.
This is a 6-month renewable Special Service Agreement
Gross Monthly Salary Range: R18835 – 22636
Benefits: Medical Insurance