The UNESCO has published a job vacancy announcement on 3 December 2022, for qualified Zimbabweans to fill in the vacant post of Associate National Programme Officer ( Education) to be based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
|Position||Associate National Programme Officer Education|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||2 Years|
|Application Deadline||29 December 2022|
Under the overall authority of the Director of the UNESCO Regional Office in Harare and direct supervision of the Head of Education in collaboration with other Education specialists.
Also Read: Hand in Hand call for audit proposal
The incumbent will be responsible for providing professional and technical support, research and analysis, with an emphasis on the national perspective of Zimbabwe to the Regional Office and the Education sector’s work as well as to multi-sectoral and cross country programmatic activities and initiatives conducted at the duty station.
Provide Programme and Project Support
- Contribute to the development, implementation and management of projects and programmes reinforcing national capacities, through research, preliminary analysis, and compilation of background information.
- Provide substantive, logistical and administrative support to projects, consultations, meetings, network and partnership initiatives, events and missions.
- Assist in the facilitation of close working relationships and exchanges with national Institutes, ministries, National Commission, education stakeholders and networks for project design, development and implementation and reporting.
- Attend and represent UNESCO at the Education Coordination group (ECG), the local education group and its sub-groups.
- Monitor project activities against work plans and schedules, report on implementation, highlight progress, gaps and bottlenecks, using relevant tools, including the System of Information on Strategies, Tasks and the Evaluation of Results (SISTER).
- Check project documents and bring to the attention of the supervisor issues regarding consistency or accuracy for follow up action with all project and programme stakeholders.
- Contribute to the coordination of reporting to the Education Sector in HQ, and/or prepare inputs to documents for the Executive Board and the General Conference and reporting and ad hoc documents of concerned services (internal) to UNESCO and UNCTs, Funds and Programmes, Donors and other external Development Partners.
- Assist in C/5 work plans, policy formulation discussions, and other think tank activities.
- Participate in UN Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (UNSDCF) and Common Country Assessment (CCA) planning and implementation, as well as in other joint collaboration with development partners and stakeholders, through identifying and / or concretizing joint programming / programme opportunities.
Position in Organization:
- Post Number: 6ZWED1000RP
- Grade: NO-A
- Parent Sector: Education Sector (ED)
- Duty Station: Harare
- Job Family: Education
- Type of contract: Fixed Term Field
- Duration of contract: 2 years, renewable
- Recruitment open to: Internal and external candidates
- Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time): 29-DEC-2022
- Advanced University degree (Masters or equivalent degree) in the field of education, development, education management, social sciences or closely related area(s).
- Minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible relevant professional experience in the field of education, education policies and strategies, at national and/or sub-regional level.
- Experience in developing, implementing, managing and evaluating projects/programmes in the field of education.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent coordination and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated managerial and organizational skills.
- Funds raising and resources mobilization skills.
- Capacity to build and maintain effective partnerships inside and outside the Organization.
- Proven conceptual and analytical skills, including the demonstrated ability to provide high-level advice and technical support in education policy, strategic planning and reform.
- Ability to plan strategically and to translate strategies into action.
- Excellent knowledge (written and spoken) of English and fluency in at least one local language.
How to Apply UNESCO Associate National Programme Officer (Education) Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.