|Program for Appropriate Technology in Health (PATH)
|Total Vacant Post
|Minimum 04 years
|23rd November 2022
PATH is an international, nonprofit global health organization based in Seattle, with 1,600 employees in more than 70+ offices around the world. Its president and CEO is Nikolaj Gilbert, who is also the Managing Director and CEO of Foundations for Appropriate Technologies in Health, PATH’s Swiss subsidiary. The Africa Region leverages its internal and global expertise to drive transformative and innovative practices that reflect the African context.
Also Read: UNEP Jobs Available
- Assist the Head of Communications-Africa Region in designing and implementing strategic communications plans and activities to advance PATH’s Advocacy, Communications, and Engagement (ACE) strategy and build visibility for PATH among target audiences in the region.
- Assist in building and scaling the regional communication teams across PATH’s African country offices by partnering with country directors, program leaders, and communicators to engage their in-country audiences and support the growing, matrixed regional communications function.
- Support country offices, programs, and communicators with their internal and external communications efforts, employee engagement, risk mitigation, and crisis communications in partnership with HR, legal, and other PATH leaders and stakeholders.
- Strengthen communications capacities and skills within the African region for more effective engagement with funders, policymakers, media, and influencers to achieve business and public health objectives: Specifically, the writing of success stories and technical briefs in accordance with donor expectations.
- Develop and produce compelling written and multimedia content to showcase PATH’s experience, expertise, evidence, and impact.
- Coordinate media relations efforts for the Africa region and oversee strategic deployment and management of media and digital communications channels.
- Manage the translation and dissemination of evidence and experience across the African region to support and build PATH’s reputation and efficacy as a public health leader.
- Assist in developing the scope of work, selecting, and managing the work (and budgets) of PR and communications firms, contractors, and vendors in support of PATH’s communications, engagement, and advocacy efforts, including developing and operating a structured communications coordination for the region.
- Support the coordination of high-level engagements with global and African leaders by PATH leadership and partners
- Bachelor’s (or Masters) degree in marketing, communications, public relations, journalism, or related field
- Minimum of 6 years of experience working in communications in public health, international development, or a related field.
- Proven management skills and demonstrated success leading a team of communications professionals.
- Proven success at developing and executing strategic communications strategies and deploying and leveraging various media and digital communication channels and tactics to reach and engage key audiences, including media, policymakers, and influencers.
- Demonstrated experience in developing compelling communications content relevant to public health.
- Demonstrated experience in crisis communication.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English (and French).
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Experience working in an international context and communicating and working across time zones.
- Diplomacy and tact as an advisor to senior executives and as an external representative to partners and audiences in visible roles and settings.
- Experience providing communications training and capacity building of colleagues; experience with developing-country cultures preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and project management skills.
- Adept at working in a team and multi-stakeholder environment.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply PATH Communications Manager Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: 23rd November 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.