UNITAR Individual Contractor Jobs Available 2022
|Recruiter||United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR)|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum One year|
|Application Deadline||Nov. 27, 2022|
The United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) is a dedicated training arm of the United Nations system. UNITAR provides training and capacity development activities to assist mainly developing countries with special attention to Least Developed Countries (LDCs), Small Island Developing States (SIDS) and other groups and communities who are most vulnerable, including those in conflict situations.
Also Read: WTO Jobs Available
Responsibilities/Description of Professional Services
The Country Project Coordinator will be involved in the planning, development, implementation, reporting, and expansion of training activities in Zimbabwe. This includes:
- Preparing an action plan to achieve the programme objectives on time and within budget.
- Organizing and managing the national capacity building activities including coordination of needs assessment and content development, call for applications, instructional design, roll-out of online courses, workshops, seminars, coaching sessions, study visits, and impact evaluation and reporting.
- Provide coaching and training support to learners in the programme.
- Engaging relevant experts, speakers, and partner institutions to strengthen quality and timely delivery of training products and services.
- Engaging ecosystem partners including media, local and national officials for greater outreach, impact, and support to learners.
- Supporting the administrative and promotion of training and networking events.
- Managing and building relationships with partners and donors in identifying new potential areas for collaboration and scaling-up of existing programmes in the country.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the unit and Division Supervisor.
Position in Organization:
- Duration of the contract: 6 months
- Deadline for submission of applications: 27 November 2022
- Organizational Unit: Public Finance and Trade Programme Unit (PFTPU)
- Education: University degree in one of the following fields: education and training, project management, finance, business administration, economics, international development, entrepreneurship, training and capacity development, community development or any other related field.
- Experience: Relevant experience at the national or international level in project management. Relevant experience in research and development of projects related to entrepreneurship and livelihood development of women and youth in agriculture. Work experience with UN or other international/donor agencies is an asset.
- Additional desirable competencies: Has a good to excellent understanding of one or several thematic fields related to livelihood development, entrepreneurship, SME development, frontier technologies, finance and trade, coaching, leadership and women empowerment.
- Language Requirement: Fluency in oral and written English language is mandatory; working level of other UN languages is an asset.
- Other: Knowledge of basic gender and inclusivity concepts; excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite) are required.
- Professionalism: Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations; takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals and solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Planning and Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required and allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently; ability to follow up on project work-plan.
- Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients ” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
- Interpersonal competencies: Able to communicate and interact effectively with all stakeholders; is able to work both independently and as part of a team; is able to work under pressure and with limited resources; demonstrates high level of discipline.
Closing Date: 27 November 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.