United States International University & Master Card – Africa Scholarship
Master Card Scholarships
The MasterCard Foundation believes that all young people, no matter their starting point in life, should have an equal chance to obtain a quality education and pursue their aspirations. The Scholars Program seeks to make this a reality for bright, young people with a demonstrated commitment to giving back to their communities.
Through a network of universities and non-governmental organizations, the Scholars Program ensures that high potential students, especially those from marginalized communities including young women, refugees and internally displaced persons, and those living with disabilities are equipped with the knowledge and skills they need to become the next generation of transformative African leaders. The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at United States International University -Africa will provide fully funded scholarships to young Africans who are first-time undergraduate degree-seeking applicants.
Also Read: University of Pretoria Scholarships
Upon completion of their studies, Scholars will be required to lead changes in their communities and contribute to meaningful transformation across the continent, having been equipped with internationally recognized and locally applicable qualifications.
1. Only Youth under the age of 29 years old in the following categories qualify: – Young women and men. – Refugees and displaced youth; – Youth with disabilities.
2. Scholars must demonstrate the following qualities: – Academic talent they must value learning and have a personal motivation to complete their education. Must meet the university admissions requirement as per the Kenya Commission for University Education or its equivalent. – Commitment to giving back Applicants should demonstrate a commitment to improving their communities through previous or past engagements with community outreach activities. – Leadership potential Scholars must show commitment to becoming change makers, role models and mentors who embrace ethical leadership.
3. Must be interested in, and meet United States International University admissions criteria and academic qualifications to undertake, any of the approved 11 undergraduate degree programs for the Scholars Program at United States International University -Africa as follows: – School of Science and Technology (SST) – Bachelor of Science in Applied Computer Technology, Bachelor of Science in Information Systems and Technology; – School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (SPHS) – Bachelor of Pharmacy, Bachelor of Science in Epidemiology and Biostatistics; – School of Communication, Cinematic and Creative Arts (SCCCA) – Bachelor of Arts in Animation, Bachelor of Arts in Film Production and Directing; – Chandaria School of Business Administration (CSOB) – Bachelor of Science in Finance, Bachelor of Science in International Business Administration and Bachelor of Science in Accounting; – School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SHSS) – Bachelor of Arts in International Relations and Bachelor of Arts in Psychology More information about the degree programs can be found at the university website: undergraduate-programs
The program intake is twice a year (May and September semesters). – An advert for the ‘Call for Applications’ will be rolled out 5 months before the intake.
2. Review of applications
6. University Admissions
Benefits of joining the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program:
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars at United States International University -Africa will receive holistic support, which includes
• Tuition and functional fees;
• Laptops, books and other learning materials;
• Reasonable accommodation and meals;
• Medical insurance;
• Transport to and from home;
• Access to leadership training;
• Access to entrepreneurial training;
• Psychosocial support, career counselling and mentorship;
• Disability needs will be reasonably catered for.