International Maritime Organisation Job Opportunity
The International Maritime Organisation is a United Nations specialized agency and is responsible for regulating the shipping industry. International Maritime Organisation was formed 17 March 1948, has its headquarters at London United Kingdom and lead by Secretary general Kitack Lim. International Maritime Organisation currently is recruiting the following post 🙂
Contract Type – Temporary
Closing Date – 31/12/2022
Starting at £2,453 net per month (free of income tax in the UK) subject to assigned role.
Purpose of the Post
IMO is seeking to engage a number of temporary employees to provide operational and administrative support to several functional areas of the Organization.
Also Check Out: Job Opportunities at World Bank
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide integrative and adaptive coordination support, including the day-to-day operational and contractual matters, implementation and assessment of progress of tasks.
- Prepare and update meeting documents; correspondence, meeting files; draft reports and briefs; including the preparation of tables, graphs, spreadsheets and presentations.
- Support IMO working/drafting groups during meetings and assist, as required.
- Proofread and monitor quality and uniformity of correspondence and where necessary edit all correspondence, documentation and reports to ensure an excellent standard of language, grammar and spelling as well as presentation, in conformity with established IMO practices and with the IMO Style Guide.
- Assist in the coordination of meetings at IMO Headquarters or virtual meetings (via Teams or Zoom), as appropriate, ensuring internal logistical processes are followed for the effective preparation of the meeting.
- Communicate with participants; disseminate meeting information and materials in consultation with the line managers in the relevant Section. Liaise with focal points and sub‑contractors in the field, as required.
- Assist in monitoring the execution of budget (control of procurement aspects of the various contracts) through SAP and manage all procurement aspects including the preparation and control of the budget by maintaining accounts of the status of expenses for travel, contractual arrangements, planned commitments, etc. Produce statistical reports and statistics in Excel.
- Prepare purchase requisitions and framework requisitions in SAP, as well as goods receipt on delivery of purchased services or goods. Subject to travel restrictions being lifted, process trips in SAP by coordinating travel and visa arrangements, in consultation with the line manager and internal or external stakeholders on related matters such as accommodation, security clearance, meet and greet.
- Organize databases and maintain the electronic filing system on SharePoint including all confidential files, administrative and finance-related files, project files, and other files.
- Maintain the diary and advise the line manager of all forthcoming meetings, commitments and appointments providing well-researched files with relevant background information, drawing attention to issues related to the work of the Section.
- Maintain and update webpages on the IMO public and intranet website.
- Perform any other related duties within the relevant Section and cover for other administrative staff, as may be required.
- Solid organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, manage time efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Thoroughness and meticulous attention to detail, ensuring accuracy of output.
- Sense of initiative and capacity to work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to adapt to a broad range of tasks and work under pressure to tight deadlines or at short notice.
- Ability to work harmoniously, build and maintain effective working relationships with staff at all levels in a multicultural team.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to deal with all situations and interactions tactfully.
At least four years’ experience in relevant secretarial roles or administrative support functions. Experience within an international organization would be an advantage.
Secondary education or equivalent to university entrance standard. Relevant qualification or training would be an advantage.
Complete proficiency in English. Working knowledge of any other official UN language would be an advantage.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is required. Knowledge of Microsoft Teams, Zoom, or similar video conference platforms highly desirable. Excellent numerical, proofreading skills and drafting capability. Working knowledge of SharePoint and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems such as SAP or similar platforms would be an added advantage.
Please upload an ANONYMISED CV to support your application.
Click Here on the official Website to Apply
Click HERE to receive WhatsApp daily updates……
Click HERE to receive Facebook daily updates…….
Click HERE to receive Twitter daily updates…..