Implats – Impala Platinum Mine is a South African mine company that owns several companies which operate mines that produce platinum and metals, as well as nickel, copper and cobalt. Its most significant mine is the Impala mine in the North West province of South Africa.
Implats has interest in the Two Rivers mine and the Marula mine in the South Africa Bushveld Igneous Complex and the Mimosa mine and Zimplats in Zimbabwe, as well as the Impala Refining Services which smelts and refines metals for other companies.
Implats operations are located on the Bushveld Complex in South Africa, the Great Dyke in Zimbabwe – the two most significant PGM-bearing ore bodies in the world – and the Canadian Shield. Implats has a primary listing on the JSE Limited in South Africa, a secondary listing A2X and a level 1 American Depositary Receipt programme in the USA.
Implats employs more than 70 000 people across all operations. Our people are the heartbeat of our Company and though our values – to respect, care and deliver – we foster a culture of teamwork and accountability.
Implats is proud to be at the forefront of technology developments related to the hydrogen economy via our research and development of fuel cells. Fuel cells are gaining attention for a range of potential applications, from combined heat and power, to distributed power generation, to transport and portable power for mobile appliances.
The metals they produce are the key to making many essential industrial, medical and electronic items – and they contribute to a cleaner, greener world.
Implats market and sell our products in South Africa, Japan, China, the US and Europe.
PGMs form the often-invisible heart of many everyday items in modern society. They are used in the manufacture of hard disks, mobile phones and aircraft turbines, in anti-cancer drugs and dental implants, in industrial catalysts and ceramic glazes, and in many more products
PGMs are the six-member family of elements which include platinum, palladium, rhodium, ruthenium, iridium and osmium. PGMs are an excellent raw material, catalyst and manufacturing ingredient due to their unique chemical and physical properties.
Platinum gauzes are used in nitrous oxide (N2O) abatement programmes – annual N2O emissions account for a large portion of all greenhouse gasses. Innovative secondary catalysts, using small amounts of PGMs, reduce N2O emissions during fertiliser production by up to 90%.
About the job Database Application (Pool)
- DATE OF DISTRIBUTION: 09.01.2024
- CLOSING DATE: 09.03.2024
This advertisement is for database pool recruitment for future senior process operator vacancies that may arise at Impala Platinum Refinery in Springs. We are looking for prospective candidates who fit our demographic targets and come from underrepresented groups.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Grade 12 with Mathematics and Physical Science with forty percent (40%) and above pass mark.
- Should be 18 years of age and older.
- Communicate, read, and write in English.
- Successfully complete pre-employment assessments (medical, psychometrics, polygraph etc.).
- Medically fit to work for BMR or PMR.
- Comply with security regulations and screening.
- CVS WITH COPIES OF QUALIFICATIONS AND ID MUST BE UPLOADED ONTO THE IMPLATS CAREERS PORTAL.
- SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES MAY BE SUBJECTED TO PSYCHOMETRIC ASSESSMENTS – IMPALA PLATINUM LTD RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT.
- IN THE EVENT THAT YOU DO NOT HEAR FROM THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT WITHIN 30 DAYS AFTER THE CLOSING DATE OF APPLICATIONS, YOUR APPLICATION CAN BE VIEWED AS UNSUCCESSFUL.
- PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO EMPLOYEES FROM THE DESIGNATED GROUPS IN LINE WITH THE PROVISIONS OF THE EMPLOYMENT EQUITY ACT, THE COMPANYS RECRUITMENT POLICY AND EMPLOYMENT EQUITY PLAN.
- IMPALA PLATINUM LIMITED COMPLIES WITH THE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ACT 4 OF 2013. YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WILL BE PROCESSED IN A LAWFUL, LEGITIMATE, AND RESPONSIBLE MANNER. BY SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION, YOU GIVE YOUR EXPRESS & INFORMED CONSENT TO PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR RECRUITMENT PURPOSES.