FHI 360 is a global organization that mobilizes research, resources and relationships so people everywhere have access to the opportunities they need to lead full and healthy lives. With collaborations in over 60 countries, we work directly with local leaders to advance social and economic equity, improve health and well-being, respond to humanitarian crises and strengthen community resilience. We share data-driven insights and scalable tools that expand access and equity so communities can effectively address complex challenges, respond to shocks and achieve thriving futures.
The position provides operational support to implement effective functional Human Resources (HR) processes for FHI 360 Zimbabwe in team functional areas, including recruitment, employee relations, benefits administration, compensation, HRIS administration and training.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the recruitment process with tasks such as, creation of entries into FHI360 HRIS system and subsequent scheduling of interviews, creation of interview files and conducting reference checks.
- Draft offer letters under guidance of HRM and communicate to candidates where relevant.
- HRIS administration including entering new employees into the system and subsequent changes until separation
- Conduct new hire orientation and ensure all relevant documents are included on orientation package
- Prepare budget for interviews and new hire orientation and follow up with processing of accommodation, per diem and transportation advances for new employees with finance.
- Assist in the preparation of personnel action records (PARS) for finance action.
- Follow-up on approvals for all HR documents such as signing of Person Action Records (PAR) for new employee’s and subsequent changes
- Maintain an accurate personnel filing system for all staff, ensuring that each individual file conforms to audit expectations
- Maintain an accurate record of employee leave ensuring compliance with statutory and FHI360 leave policies.
- Benefits Administration: Collect the required data/documentation for the health insurance scheme and group life insurance scheme, duly labeled passport photographs, birth certificates or sworn declarations and document each in individual personnel files. Maintain a status spreadsheet for the scheme.
- Payroll Administration: Prepare and process monthly payroll, in close liaison with HRM and Finance department
- Time administration through TESS
- Prepare and submit monthly remittances for NSSA and NEC
- Coordinate employee wellness and welfare programs
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Work independently with minimum supervision showing initiative to manage high volume workflow
- Ability to priorities work and report to supervisor on variances and provide status on regular basis.
- Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in timely and efficient manner.
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for sensitive Human Resources issues or projects and use judgment to execute duties and responsibilities.
- Record keeping, report preparation, filing methods and records management techniques.
- Objectivity and the ability to apply HR rules and regulations in a fair and consistent manner.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 15%.
Qualifications and requirements:
- BS/BA degree in, Social Sciences or its recognized equivalent with 3 – 5 years of relevant experience.
- Or MS/MA degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences or its recognized equivalent, and 2 – 3 years relevant experience.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.
- Experience of HR in the international development organization is an advantage.
Our values and commitments to safeguarding : FHI 360 is committed to preventing any type of abuse, exploitation and harassment in our work environments and programs, including sexual abuse, exploitation and harassment.