The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), a highly prestigious, reputable & world’s largest humanitarian organization, operating in more than 120 countries and territories, bringing life-saving assistance in emergencies, building pathways to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change and supporting sustainable and resilient livelihoods for a world with zero hunger.
At WFP, people are at the heart of everything we do and the vision of the future WFP workforce is one of diverse, committed, skilled, and high performing teams, selected on merit, operating in a healthy and inclusive work environment, living WFP’s values (Integrity, Collaboration, Commitment, Humanity, and Inclusion) and working with partners to save and change the lives of those WFP serves
- Incumbent would be responsible to manage Corporate Services Unit which includes Finance, Administration, HR, IT and Security Teams, in line with ARC strategies and policies, in order to ensure transparent and efficient utilization of ARC’s financial resources and identify areas for savings in current financial or business processes.
- Drive the development of the finance and resource management strategy, providing input based on the operational context and priorities of business partners, within ARC.
- Ensure transparent and efficient utilization of ARC’s financial resources and identify areas for savings in financial business processes.
- Provide technical advice, guidance on the design and implementation of financial policies and procedures. Identify, recommend and oversee changes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of financial operations, minimise risk, and ensure services are aligned with business needs and objectives.
- Carry out regular visits to Field Offices as appropriate to review operational application of policies and procedures, and share findings, issues and proposed actions with management and business partners.
- Provide technical advice, guidance and support to ARC teams on the design and implementation of financial policies and procedures, particularly with complex financial, accounting, and budgetary issues.
- Ensure that bank reconciliation, disbursements, clearance of receivables, overall cash management and monthly financial closures are performed regularly and in accordance.
QUALIFICATIONS AND KEY REQUIREMENTS
Advanced University degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, or related fields, or First University degree in the same subject(s) with additional two years of related work experience plus membership in an international recognized professional accountancy body such as Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Institute of Certified Public Accounts (ICPA) or equivalent.
At least eleven (11) years of progressively responsible professional experience in a business management related area in both the private sector and international development institutions, including financial operations, at the international level. Experience must include people management responsibilities at a senior level.
Fluency (level C) in the English language.
Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or Portuguese (a WFP working language). Fluency in French would be preferred.
MORE ABOUT YOU
- You have developed and managed diverse teams sitting in multiple regional locations.
- You have supported and influenced directors and managers on financial planning and resource management issues and developed effective financial management tools to empower managers in the comprehensive implementation of the organization’s Programme of Work.
- You have managed a large, complex operation, international (multi-location) including managing both human and financial resources.
- Good knowledge of WFP administrative policies and procedures especially in the areas of Finance and Administration would be an asset.
- Experience with the WFP financial system WINGS would be an asset.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The selected candidate will be employed on a fixed term 2 years (renewable) non-rotational contract.
WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package.