UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
UN Women South Africa Multi-Country Office (MCO) covers SACU countries: Botswana, Lesotho, Namibia, South Africa and Swaziland.
UN Women is collaborating with the Department of Women, Youth and Persons with Disabilities (DWYPD) to enhance socio-economic transformation of women, youth, and persons with disabilities in South Africa. The DWYPD is mandated to lead on socio-economic transformation and the empowerment and participation of women, youth, and persons with disabilities through mainstreaming, advocacy, monitoring, and evaluation.
Women Economic Assembly (WECONA) is a catalyst platform for women owned/managed/led businesses/enterprises, anchored on collaboration between Government, private sector, and civil society. It is an ongoing initiative and a preventative measure against gender-based violence and femicide aimed at preventing the scourge by encouraging women to be economically active.UN Women South Africa Multi Country Office is providing technical support to the Department of Women, Youth and Persons with Disabilities (DWYPD).
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide advanced administrative and logistical support to the formulation and management of programmes:
- Provide advanced administrative support and inputs in the preparation of programme work plans, budgets, and proposals on programme implementation arrangements.
- Provide technical guidance to the country offices and executing agencies on routine delivery and reporting of programme supported activities and finances.
- Coordinate the collection of information for the audit of programmes/ projects and support implementation of audit recommendations.
- Contribute to the development or update of standard operating procedures, guidelines, checklists, templates and business processes in programme and project management.
- Review programme data from programmes/ projects.
Provide advanced administrative support to the financial management of the Programme Unit:
- Prepare budget revisions and determine unutilized funds and the operational and financial close of a project.
- Review financial reports.
Provide advanced administrative support to the Programme Unit:
- Oversee all logistical, administrative, and financial arrangements for organization for meetings, workshops, events, and missions.
- Oversee travel arrangements for the Programme Team, including travel requisitions and claims.
- Prepare public information materials and briefing packets.
- Liaise with high level officials on administrative issues.
- Prepare and assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations; contribute inputs to the materials
Provide administrative support to Resource Mobilization:
- Prepare cost-sharing and other agreements; follow up on contributions within the SAMCO resource mobilization efforts.
- Organize, compile and process information from donors for SAMCO, and programme team, as inputs to various databases and documents.
Any other emerging project related responsibilities that will be agreed upon with the Programme Specialist.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely and accurate support to events, workshops, and missions.
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UN Women rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Timely recording of overall programme unit finances.
- Timely and accurate tracking of data for management and donor purposes.
- Quality maintenance of internal systems.
- Quality background and presentation materials
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
Education and certification:
- Completion of secondary education required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or Public Administration or related fields is an asset.
- At least 6 years of progressively responsible experience in administration or programme management/support.
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages.
- Proven knowledge and experience in working on women economic empowerment and transformation.
- Experience in supporting a programme team.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.