The United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN WOMEN) is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and was established to coordinate and accelerate the attainment of the rights of women globally. UN Women stands behind women’s equal participation in all aspects of life and supports the formulation and implementation of policies, global standards and norms at both regional and national levels that seek to enhance gender equality and inclusive governance.
The Constitution of Kenya has clearly articulated Kenya’s constitutional commitments to gender equality and empowerment of women. Achieving gender parity in all spheres of life and the actualization of gender responsive laws, policies and planning is expected to empower women on their economic, social and political rights and make progress towards achieving gender equality. The progressive rights-based Kenya Constitution 2010 provides the legal framework for the Government to fulfill basic rights, and for marginalized and vulnerable groups, especially women and children, to claim their rights. UN Women seeks to increase accountability for national and devolved planning with a goal to ensure that national and devolved planning fully reflects accountability for gender equality commitments and priorities.
he EVAWG portfolio by UN Women seeks to enhance prevention and response of violence against women and girls. This includes access to justice for survivors, coordination of implementation and monitoring of policies and programs at national and devolved level and strengthening referral mechanisms among service providers and duty bearers including both state and non-state actors.
Under the overall supervision of the Deputy Country Representative and with a matrix technical supervision of the Team Leader EVAWG, the Programme Analyst will support with implementation of the programme.
Duties and Responsibilities
Contribute technically to the development of programme strategies in the area of Ending Violence Against Women and Girls
- Provide technical inputs to the design and formulation of programme/ project proposals and initiatives related to Ending Violence Against Women and Girls
- Draft inputs to country strategy documents, briefs, policy dialogue and other documents related to EVAWG.
- Contribute to review of bills, laws and policies on EVAWG to ensure conformity with global norms and standards.
Provide technical support to the implementation and management of the Programme on Ending Violence Against Women and Girls
- Coordinate and ensure high-quality implementation of the UN Women EVAWG Annual Workplans, including women access to justice activities by providing technical support and overseeing implementing Partners annual workplan implementation;
- Coordinate and monitor the implementation of EVAWG programme activities;
- Coordinate the call/request for proposals, including the organization of technical review committees, and capacity assessment of partners;
- Review and coordinate the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports;
- Train partners on Results Based Management.
Provide technical assistance and capacity development support to project/programme partners
- Provide technical and policy support to country office in developing and strengthening projects/ programmes in on EVAWG.
- Contribute the development and implementation of technical tools, and initiatives that contribute to the realization of EVAW Annual Work Plans.
- Build and manage relationships with national partners to support implementation and expansion of the EVAWG programme.
- Provide strategic direction and technical advice on any potential emerging needs.
- Identify capacity building needs of partners and lead the coordination of technical assistance, mentoring, training and capacity development initiatives to partners
Provide technical inputs to the monitoring and reporting of the programme/ project
- Manage the monitoring of programme/ project implementation and finances using results-based management tools working closely with M&E colleagues.
- Conduct field missions, spot checks and review reports on monitoring missions to ensure recommendations and feedback are fully implemented.
- Substantively contribute to drafting of internal and external reports that are results based and of high quality.