Established in 1951, International Organization for Migration (IOM) is the leading UN agency in the field
of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and nongovernmental partners.
IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by
providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
The Internship Programme targets young, talented students and graduates willing to gain practical
experience in a field relevant to the Organization through their involvement in daily working activities
in migration-related areas, support/administrative functions and/or different thematic areas.
The Intern will work under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, the guidance and supervision
of the ICT Assistant and in cooperation with other colleagues of the Programme Support Unit and the
Resource Management Unit. Essential function are as follows:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist in the installation and administering of the Windows Server.
- Assist in installation, configuration and upgrade of desktops and laptop computers and software
(Windows 10, MS Office and in-house produced software).
- In coordination with the ICT Assistant, provides onsite support of these systems and services in
- Secure the Mission’s data information from viruses/worms, perform virus detection, removal
and prevention for all systems in the Mission, downloading the latest Anti-Virus signatures for
- Assist in administering the security of various network components by providing users with the
necessary access to their respective LAN and Communication systems.
- Assist in the maintenance of the telephone systems.
- Keep record of the office’s ICT inventory for hardware and software safeguarding media and
- Provide biometric system management functions including set-up, installation, monitoring or
adding application, users, and devices, modifying user profiles, resetting passwords and file
- Assist with managing the video conference calls and set-up, operate and troubleshoot the
AV/projection/conferencing equipment, devices and systems. Provide on-site support for audio
and video conferencing technology.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Required qualifications and Experience
Currently enrolled in a relevant undergraduate or graduate programme in the field of Information and
Communication Technology or a related field.
Fluency in English is required for this position. Knowledge of local languages is an advantage.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences;
encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent
with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed
manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people
at all levels.
- Delivering results: Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively
seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
- Accountability: Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects
mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement. Communication: Listens carefully and
genuinely to the views and positions of others; acts on received information.
Eligibility and Selection
In general, the Internship Programme aims at attracting talented students and graduates who:
a) have a specific interest in, or whose studies have covered, areas relevant to IOM programmes and
b) are holding a scholarship for internship placements in international organizations and/or for whom
internship is required to complete their studies; or
c) are sponsored by governmental/non-governmental institutions and/or academia to work in specific
areas relevant to both IOM and the sponsor.
Method of application:
If you are interested in this internship opportunity and meet the minimum requirements, please send
your letter of motivation, up-to-date Resume/CV, copy of ID, education certificates and other
credential documents to firstname.lastname@example.org