Established in 1951, International Organization for Migration (IOM) is the leading UN agency in the field
of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and nongovernmental partners.
IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by
providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
The Internship Programme targets young, talented students and graduates willing to gain practical
experience in a field relevant to the Organization through their involvement in daily working activities
in migration-related areas, support/administrative functions and/or different thematic areas.
The Intern will work under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, the guidance and supervision
other colleagues of the Programme Support Unit and the Resource Management Unit. Essential
function are as follows:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development and implementation of communication strategies and plans to
promote the work of IOM and its partners in addressing migration issues.
- Support the development and dissemination of key messages and information to various
audiences through multiple channels, including social media, websites, and newsletters.
- Assist in the organization of events and campaigns related to migration issues, including press
conferences, workshops, and awareness-raising activities.
- Support the development of communication materials, including press releases, fact sheets,
media library and other publications.
- Conduct research and analysis on migration issues and related topics to support the
development of communication materials and strategies.
- Monitor media coverage of migration issues, IOM’s visibility in media, and provide regular
updates to the teams.
- Provide general administrative support to the team as needed.
Required qualifications and Experience
Currently enrolled in a relevant undergraduate or graduate programme in the field of Communication,
Public Relations, Journalism or related fields.
Fluency in English is required for this position. Knowledge of local languages is an advantage.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences;
encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent
with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed
manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people
at all levels.
- Delivering results: Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively
seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
- Accountability: Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects
mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement. Communication: Listens carefully and
genuinely to the views and positions of others; acts on received information.
Eligibility and Selection
In general, the Internship Programme aims at attracting talented students and graduates who:
a) have a specific interest in, or whose studies have covered, areas relevant to IOM programmes and
b) are holding a scholarship for internship placements in international organizations and/or for whom
internship is required to complete their studies; or
c) are sponsored by governmental/non-governmental institutions and/or academia to work in specific
areas relevant to both IOM and the sponsor.
d) Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s
level or equivalent);
e) Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
f) Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must commence the internship within one year of graduation.
Method of application:
If you are interested in this internship opportunity and meet the minimum requirements, please send
your letter of motivation, up-to-date Resume/CV, copy of ID, education certificates and other
credential documents to email@example.com