VSO Health Portfolio Consultant Job in Harare (2023)
Closes: 26 May 2023
VSO is the world’s leading international development charity that works through volunteers to create a fair world for everyone. At VSO we pride ourselves on doing development differently. We fight poverty not by sending aid, but by working through volunteers and partners to create long-lasting change in some of the world’s poorest regions. We bring key stakeholders together to co-ordinate collective action, from local organisations to national governments. Our programmes in Africa and Asia focus on health, education and livelihoods, with an increasing emphasis on resilience, peace building, social accountability, gender and social inclusion. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change that will improve the lives of generations to come.
Also Read: Japan Scholarships Available to International Students (2023)
Main tasks, responsibilities, and scope of work
Under the responsibility and accountability of the Global Practice Area Lead- Papa Diouf, the consultant is expected to help facilitate the following tasks:
• Comprehensive review of the country specific contextual analyses- this applies to Kenya, Nepal, Uganda, and Zimbabwe
• Desk review of external and internal documents as relevant
• Interviews with key informants including Government at national and local levels, existing VSO partners, CSOs, INGOs, donors, UN agencies etc -only as needed
• Leadership on the planning and execution of partnership round table (s) in collaboration with the global health partnership team, VSO’s country programme implementation lead and business pursuit lead/designate
• Accompaniment of VSO country teams to conduct at least 5 partner outreach to key local partners identified as mission critical- list to be determined as an outcome of this consultancy.
Ideal Applicant Summary
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
• Ability to be open minded and respectful
• Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
• Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
• Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
How to apply
Complete the registration form below. When you have completed the form, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to our VSO Values self-assessment. This is a module designed to give you an insight into VSO’s ethos and provide you with an understanding of how your values align with ours, helping you to decide if you would like to join our organisation. The self-assessment module typically takes about 10 minutes to complete.
After completing the VSO Values self-assessment, you can opt out or proceed with the application process. You will need to upload your CV in Word or PDF format detailing your employment and educational history, and any volunteering experience. Please note that you will need to complete the full application form in one go as you cannot save it to fill at a later time.
When you have submitted your application, you will receive an email inviting you to complete two assessments which focus on how you process information and what your work approach is.
You will be shown instructions and example questions prior to the assessments to help you increase your familiarity with them. You will also have access to a short profile report on completion of the assessment. Your application will be reviewed by our Resourcing Team when you have completed these assessments.
Should you require any adjustments to be made to the application process due to a disability or any other circumstances, please email us at Recruitment@vsoint.org to discuss your requirements.