FHI 360 South Africa Area Manager Vacancy
Closes: 1 April 2023
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
As we evolve to meet the challenges of the future, we stand committed to the principles that have guided our organization for the last 40+ years. Our work continues to be grounded in research and science, strengthened by partnerships and focused on building the capacity of individuals, communities and countries to succeed.
Also Read: Tale of Africa’s richest man in 2023 & Nicky Oppenheimer
Purpose of Role
Under the supervision of the OVCY Specialist, the Area Manager will be responsible for effective roll out of the OVC Family Strengthening project. She will support sub awardees to implement high-quality services to program beneficiaries. S/he will oversee overall planning, implementation, and monitoring of OVC Comprehensive, Preventive and Family Strengthening activities in the project. To be successful in this role, the incumbent will be required to travel regularly to the field to fulfil the requirements for effective Partner management, program implementation and track the performance.
- Support sub awardees to enrol eligible sub populations in the OVCY program and ensure effective implementation of the comprehensive service package for children 0- 17 years old and caregivers.
- Assist sub awardees to improve C/ALHIV enrolment, index testing for children of positive adults, referral of OVC, tracing of children that have experienced interruption in treatment (IIT), children of HIV+ caregiver that are unsuppressed, adolescent mothers, GBV survivors, and children of Key populations.
- Support sub awardees to strengthen bi-directional referral systems to improve HIV testing, linkages for HIV infected children, GBV survivors to access clinical services.
- Coordinate AP3 activities. (Accelerating Progress towards Paediatrics and PMTCT) and provide technical guidance to implementing partners in achieving project objectives.
- Monitor sub awardee performance through daily and weekly tracking to ensure they meet OVC_SERV and OVC_HIVSTAT targets.
- Assist sub awardees to strengthen family-centred remote case management monitoring (HIV-inclusive case management) and care plan development/updates.
|Host Nation||South Africa|
|Closing Date||01 April 2023|
- Provide ongoing training and mentorship for youth facilitators and supervisors on Vhutshilo 1 & 3 and Let’s Talk curricula and ensure effective implementation of the evidence-based interventions.
- Facilitate the LIVES training, mentoring, and coaching of sub awardee staff to improve GBV Case Identification and first-line support and reporting to ensure linkage to health and legal services.
- Assist sub awardees to develop/adapt MHPSS and Substance Abuse SOP for use by CCWs to integrate MH and/or psychosocial support services into routine HIV prevention and OVCY care services.
- Assist with the facilitation of Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement (SIMS) activities, Data validation, program review and performance monitoring with MER and technical teams.
- Participate in developing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and work plans.
- Participate in the documentation of program activities, program success, abstracts, case studies, etc.
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by CDS management.
Qualifications and Experience
- Social science degree. A qualification in public health would be an added advantage.
- Proven ability to provide high-quality technical assistance and capacity development support to OVC programs.
- At least five years working experience supporting community based OVC implementing NGOs, preferably in South Africa.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both
- within and outside the organization.
- Proficient in formulating strategies and concepts, analysing and applying technical expertise.
- Prior experience working with USG /PEPFAR funded programs.