The social media Officer is responsible for creating compelling social media content. This role will be responsible for planning, developing and implementing dynamic, interactive and meaningful social media content strategies for daily community engagement as well as campaigns specifically related to the hunger crisis in Northeast Nigeria; creating and coordinating key social media campaigns, engagement strategies and tactics related to Zero Hunger; coordinating closely with colleagues on digital marketing, monitoring and analysis, and serving as one of WFP’s key representatives in its global digital outreach.
- Proactively create dynamic and interactive content using videos, photos, contests, campaigns, audio, infographics.
- Determine target audience and create crisp, efficient messaging for that audience.
- Undertake video post-production, including editing and captioning using Wochit, Adobe Premiere Pro and Rush.
- Adapt multimedia assets from HQ Division of Communication for the local audience. Tailor content to specific audiences and channels in line with organizational objectives and fundraising campaigns.
- Design and create graphics (e.g., fractographic, infographics and posters), for brand building.
- Lead on the writing of social media packs, crafting engaging content from key messages.
- Plan and coordinate content gathering missions as required.
- Generate and analyse reports on web traffic and KPIs using Brand watch and other social media focused analytics channels.
- Provide guidance on the contracting of vendors, producers or companies, as needed, and the preparation of appropriate formats and language versions of productions as required.
Social Media Management:
- Manage digital and social media platforms used for official purposes with approved content, in coordination with the Supervisor, publishing content daily/regularly.
- Maintain a social media calendar and content plans; develop content themes according to the calendar; ensure key deadlines are met for the dissemination of time-sensitive content.
- Identify key brand-building moments to engage audiences and create authentic and positive interaction with followers.
- Analyse and understand social media metrics to provide insights for content creation and strategic decisions.
- Improve WFP’s agility when it comes to reacting to and riding the waves of relevant media or social media moments that relate to WFP’s mandate; Develop and implement a content social media strategy for all digital platforms to increase media reach and engagement.
- Project manage social media engagement initiatives, including user-generated content and other activations focused on the Northeast crisis Zero Hunger.
- Liaise and work with content producers for digital campaigns.
Community engagement and moderation:
- Improve WFP’s agility when it comes to reacting to and riding the waves of relevant media or social media moments that relate to WFP’s mandate.
- Monitor and moderate social media channels, flagging risks and opportunities to deepen engagement.
- Identify new opportunities to continually improve WFP’s presence across digital platforms to deepen engagement with supporters.
- Keep track of activities of other UN agencies and non-profit partners, identifying content to be amplified and shared on WFP’s platforms.
- Support in providing analytics reports and provide recommendations on tactics to improve WFP’s digital presence.
- Help identify opportunities for content amplification on global channels.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Advanced University degree or bachelor’s degree in media production, graphic design, communications, film studies, journalism, or other relevant field with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working on social media content.
- Proven ability to write flawless, tight social copy on constant deadlines
- Strong social copy-editing skills.
- Demonstrated success in planning and implementing social media campaigns to achieve advocacy goals.
- Ability to translate technical and nuanced information into clear, emotional, and engaging content for broad public audiences.
- Familiar with social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn.