Impala Platinum BMR Mine Trainee Analyst Program
Closes: 22 March 2023
Impala Platinum (Implats) has two major PGM-bearing ore formations in the world, the Bushveld Complex in South Africa and the Great Dyke in Zimbabwe, as well as the Canadian Shield, are where our activities are situated. We have a level 1 American Depositary Receipt program in the USA, a primary listing on the JSE Limited in South Africa, a secondary listing on A2X, and other listings.
Almost 50 000 people are employed by Implats in all operations. Our employees are the lifeblood of our business, and we promote a culture of accountability and teamwork via our values of respect, care, and delivery.
Many necessary industrial, medicinal, and electronic devices are made with the help of the metals we manufacture, which also helps to create a world that is cleaner and greener.
Also Read: How lack of transparency & corruption in African sport is affecting youths?
Impala Platinum is one of just 106 companies worldwide to have made the CDP’s 2020 water security A-list and has received a “A” performance score for its 2020 CDP Water Disclosure Project submission. The A-rating puts Implats in the leadership band with a small group of organizations for achieving best practice in their 2020 disclosure, knowledge, and management of water security risk. This is the second year in a row that Implats has received this grade.
Eight out of the 11 categories examined by CDP, including risk assessment, risk exposure and responses, business strategy, governance, an integrated approach to environmental concerns, aims and goals, and water-related possibilities, were very strong areas for Implats.
The A rating surpasses the B average attained by the metal smelting, refining, and forming industry as well as the B average for the continent of Africa. Implats receives a score that places it in the top 15% of businesses in the leadership band for disclosure.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To prepare and analyse BMR process, feed, and final metal samples.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Grade 12 with Mathematics and Physical Science or ABET Level 4 essential.
- Good communication skills with the ability to read and write in English.
- Computer literacy/attention to detail and analytical skills is essential.
- Laboratory experience / modules will be an advantage.
- Must be medically fit for BMR.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Complete all necessary training modules within the laboratory according to the career progression guidelines.
- Prepare, analyse and reporting of samples.
- Prepare standards and reagents.
- Perform routine maintenance on laboratory equipment.
- Promote and maintain good housekeeping.
- Responsible for promoting and maintaining safety, health, environmental, quality and security standards.
|Employer||Implats BMR Mine|
|Host Nation||South Africa|
|Closing Date||22 March 2023|
|Eligible Candidate||Grade 12|
- APPLICATIONS (CV, COPIES OF QUALIFICATIONS AND ID IN ONE DOCUMENT) MUST BE UPLOADED ONTO THE VACANCY PORTAL ON THE INTRANET / SPRINGS / VACANCIES / OR ON LET’S TALK – INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. YOUR MANAGER / SUPERVISOR MUST BE AWARE OF YOUR APPLICATION.
- SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES MAY BE SUBJECTED TO PSYCHOMETRIC ASSESSMENTS – IMPALA PLATINUM LTD RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT.
- IN THE EVENT THAT YOU DO NOT HEAR FROM THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT WITHIN 30 DAYS AFTER THE CLOSING DATE OF APPLICATIONS, YOUR APPLICATION CAN BE VIEWED AS UNSUCCESSFUL.
- PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO EMPLOYEES FROM THE DESIGNATED GROUPS IN LINE WITH THE PROVISIONS OF THE EMPLOYMENT EQUITY ACT, THE COMPANYS RECRUITMENT POLICY AND EMPLOYMENT EQUITY PLAN.
- IMPALA PLATINUM LIMITED COMPLIES WITH THE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ACT 4 OF 2013. YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WILL BE PROCESSED IN A LAWFUL, LEGITIMATE, AND RESPONSIBLE MANNER. BY SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION, YOU GIVE YOUR EXPRESS & INFORMED CONSENT TO PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR RECRUITMENT PURPOSES.