Everyone deserves the opportunity to build a better future. This simple idea has been at the heart of TechnoServe’s work around the world for over 50 years. TechnoServe is a pioneer in leveraging the power of business and markets to create sustainable pathways out of poverty.
The low-income communities in which we work are full of enterprising people. Their small-scale farms and businesses are the keys to economic development. But they face many challenges: low literacy, lack of access to jobs and markets, unpredictable political dynamics and, increasingly, the effects of climate change. For many women and young people, the challenges are even more daunting. Working with TechnoServe staff, people around the world are lifting themselves out of poverty. The results are amazing…when incomes increase and living conditions for families get better, they are able to access health care and education previously out of reach. Communities and even whole countries are better off.
The MEL Coordinator will be responsible for the design, coordination and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation, research, and learning framework of the program. He/she will develop a systematic monitoring framework to improve the qualitative and quantitative evidence gathered by the program
TechnoServe Zimbabwe has integrated farmers into the poultry, beef, and fresh produce supply chains by providing them with technical assistance, infrastructure, and linking them with markets. We have cultivated a culture which values the impact of our programs with respect to jobs supported, number of farmers trained, value of incremental revenue and net profit per farmer. TechnoServe is developing innovative approaches and building relationships with both corporate and public partners to enable more smallholder farmer households to achieve livelihood security.
The MEL Coordinator will be responsible for the design, coordination and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation, research, and learning framework of the program. He/she will develop a systematic monitoring framework to improve the qualitative and quantitative evidence gathered by the program. Reporting to the Program Manager, the role will focus on the logframe, corporate measurement, Program Status reviews and reporting thereof, interacting with team members, farmers, private sector companies and other stakeholders. The position should result in the following milestones being achieved:
- An up to date work plan, in synch with the log frame and the program’s theory of change
- Program monitoring and review results. Program Quality score of at least 95%.
- Up to date corporate measurement results and reporting
- Up to date Program Status Reports
- On-time program reports and analytics to help inform objective decision making.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
- Developing and Managing the MEL System
- Assist in the revision of the program log frame matrix, particularly in the areas of performance indicators and their measurement;
- Assist in the development and/or finalization of the Program Work Plan and keep it updated in accordance with project activities and timeframes as relevant.
- Develop the overall framework, for program M&E, for example mid-term project review, impact assessment, final evaluation, develop project Performance Monitoring Plan with relevant data collection systems.
|Closing Date||02 March 2023|
|Eligible Candidate Qualifications||Degree|
- Stakeholder management
- Develop an excellent working relationship with the farmers, farmer groups, Program Manager, ARDA and ARDAS personnel and all project partner organizations
- Develop and nurture excellent working relations with all relevant stakeholders in Midlands province (exporters, private sector companies, ARDA, ARDAS, financial institutions and local authorities)
- Produce reports on M&E findings and prepare presentations based on M&E data as required.
- Provide the Program Manager with management information he may require.
- Check that monitoring data are discussed in appropriate forum and in a timely fashion in terms of implications for future action. If necessary, create such discussions to fill any gap.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Program Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, International Development, Economics, Agricultural Economics, or related field. Advanced certificate in M&E, statistics or economics preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of professional experience in an M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities.
- Experience in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages. Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g. qualitative, quantitative, mixed-method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies. Experience in developing and refining data collection tools.
- Ability to facilitate and serve as project liaison for externally-managed evaluations.
Catch up with the latest drama of the English Premier League; Click here