UNDP Technical Coordinator (Zimbabwe)
The UNDP (United Nations Development Programme) is the global development network of the United Nations. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations and advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves.
UNDP Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities
- Hold meetings to coordinate and monitor the technical and financial progress of the project and support the administrative-financial and technical management of the project (preparation of financial reports, spending plan for the TDU, organization of documents for the rendering of accounts).
- Support the CRI in formally defining and establishing the UTD’s staff (managers and technical staff).
- Support the CRI in preparing and approving the UTD’s Three-Year Operations Plans to be funded by the project. Prepare quarterly technical and administrative reports and support the preparation and submission of the rendering of accounts arising from advances made to pay for local expenditures. Coordinate the preparation of the quarterly and six-monthly monitoring reports as well as reports on the planned physical and financial progress.
- Support the procurement of goods, equipment and machinery for the TDU (indicate possible suppliers of equipment and inputs, monitor and assist suppliers in submitting proposals to the UNDP, monitor the purchases and deliveries of equipment and inputs, ensure the maintenance of goods and equipment).
- To technically support the mid-term evaluation of the project carried out by ABC and Brazilian institutions.
- Support the preparation of Planting Protocol, under the Coordination of CRI and supervision of Brazilian partner institutions and technically monitor the structuring of a strategy to implement the planting protocol.
- Define the technical needs and coordinate the local programming and the schedule of missions of specialists and instructors of Brazilian cooperating institutions, support field trips, demonstrations, and lectures as part of these activities. Support the organization and realization of project technical and monitoring missions with the CRI and the Brazilian Embassy in Harare.
|Recruiter||United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)|
|Experience Required||Minimum Two years|
|Application Deadline||Feb. 01, 2023|
Position in Organization:
- Job Identification: 7946
- Locations: Zimbabwe
- Posting Date: 01/17/2023, 05:00 PM
- Apply Before: 02/01/2023, 10:29 AM
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Agency: UNDP
- Grade: NB4
- Vacancy Type: National Personnel Service Agreement
- Practice Area: Inclusive Growth
- Contract Duration: 1 Year
- Education & Work Experience: Master’s Degree – 2 year(s) experience
- Other Criteria: Master’s Degree in Agronomy, Agricultural Engineering or related areas OR Bachelor’s Degree with 2 years
- Required Languages: English
- Desired Languages: Portuguese
- Vacancy Timeline: 2 Weeks
- Master’s Degree in Agronomy, Agricultural Engineering or related areas OR Bachelor’s Degree with 2 additional qualifying experience will be given due consideration in lieu of a master’s degree.
- At least 2 years of experience in planning, evaluating, and implementing agricultural production projects and agricultural production systems in general.
- At least 2 years of knowledge of cotton crop production and processing
- At least 1 year experience in technology transfer and rural extension.
- Ability to understand and deal with a business situation in a manner that is likely to lead to a good outcome.
- Knowledge and understanding of the operational frameworks in the organization and ability to make good judgments and quick decisions within such frameworks.
- Ability to use objective problem analysis and judgement to understand how interrelated elements coexist within an overall process or system, and to consider how altering one element can impact on other parts of the system.
- At least 1 year of experience in evaluating international technical cooperation projects.
- Basic knowledge of the Portuguese language will be an asset.