UNDP Human Resources Analyst Job (Zimbabwe)
Closes 28 Jan 2023
UNDP works in 170 countries and territories to eradicate poverty and reduce inequality. We help countries to develop policies, leadership skills, partnering abilities, institutional capabilities, and to build resilience to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals. Our work is concentrated in three focus areas; sustainable development, democratic governance and peace building, and climate and disaster resilience.
UNDP’s mandate is to end poverty, build democratic governance, rule of law, and inclusive institutions. We advocate for change, and connect countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life.
Also Read: How to write an excellent CV?
The Charter of the United Nations was signed in San Francisco on 26 June 1945, at the conclusion of the United Nations Conference on International Organization, and came into force on 24 October 1945. Its purposes and principles are to maintain international peace and security, develop friendly relations among nations based on equal rights and self-determination, and to achieve international co-operation in solving economic, social, cultural, or humanitarian challenges without distinction for race, sex, language, or religion.
UNDP is based on the merging of the United Nations Expanded Programme of Technical Assistance, created in 1949, and the United Nations Special Fund, established in 1958. UNDP, as we know it now, was established in 1966 by the General Assembly of the United Nations.
|Recruiter||United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)|
|Position||Human Resource Analyst|
|Experience Required||Minimum Two years|
|Application Deadline||January 28, 2023|
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Implementation of HR strategies and policies
- Effective HR management
- Staff performance management and career development
- Conduct of UN-related surveys
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Contributes to the day-to-day management of administration and implementation of HR strategies and policies, the suitable application of processes and procedures
- Ensures full compliance of HR activities with UNDP policies, procedures, and strategies, effective implementation of the internal control framework, and the proper functioning and design of the office’s HR management system and practices;
- Seeks out and shares information on corporate strategies, changes in rules and regulations, implementation of personnel rules, strategic use of contractual modalities, application of entitlements and HR business processes;
- Provides data for the analysis and elaboration of business process mapping and streamlining, drafts, updates, and maintains control of standard operating procedures and workflows;
- Analyzes and elaborates on proposals on the strategic approach to recruitment in the office, the proper use of contractual modalities and the forecast of the personnel needs;
- Develops, refines, and delivers country office on-boarding and off-boarding programme;
- CO HR business processes mapping and elaboration/establishment of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in HR management, control of the workflows in the HR Unit.
Position in Organization:
- Job Identification: 7870
- Locations: Harare, Zimbabwe
- Posting Date: 01/12/2023, 04:10 PM
- Apply Before: 01/28/2023, 10:29 AM
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Agency: UNDP
- Grade: NOB
- Vacancy Type: Fixed Term
- Practice Area: Management
- Bureau: Regional Bureau for Africa
- Contract Duration: 1 Year
- Education & Work Experience: Master’s Degree – 2 year(s) experience OR Bachelor’s Degree – 4 year(s) experience
- Required Languages: English, Shona or Ndebele
- Vacancy Timeline: 2 Weeks
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business Administration, Public Administration, or related field is required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in related field with an additional two (2) years of relevant experience will be given due consideration in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 2 years (with master’s degree) or 4 years (with bachelor’s degree) of relevant experience at the national or international level in providing HR advisory services and/or managing personnel and operational systems is required;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Experience in handling web-based management systems;
- HR certification is an advantage;
- Knowledge of UN/UNDP human resources policies and guidelines is an advantage;
- Experience with HR processes (re)engineering is an advantage.
- Full proficiency in English, including excellent writing skills. Fluency in Shona or Ndebele required.