Abt Associates Strategic Information Specialist Job Available (Harare)
Closes 22 Jan 2023
Abt Associates, are committed to creating a lasting culture of equity, diversity and inclusion and recognize that in order to achieve full participation, our practices must be free of prejudice, discrimination, and bias that result in inequitable outcomes. We are actively working to advance equity for everyone, and while we still have much work to do, we know that racial and cultural diversity are an asset to our business and the communities where we live and serve.
Abt Associates ongoing commitment is focused on creating business practices that advance racial and social equity, investments in community impact programs for the benefit of Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC), and expand upon project work related to racial equity and social justice.
Also Read: How youths can use technology to fight climate change?
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance, as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
The Zimbabwe Assistance Program in Malaria (ZAPIM II) project is a 5-year project that works to support and strengthen the capacity of the National Malaria Control Program (NMCP) at the national, provincial, district, and community levels, in the areas of case management and malaria in pregnancy, LLIN distribution, social and behavioral change communication, surveillance/M&E and research.
Under the supervision of the Technical Director, as the Strategic Information (SI) Specialist, you will be responsible for providing technical leadership for the analysis and use of data to inform malaria programming decisions, in support of both project objectives and the overall goals of the Zimbabwe Ministry of Health and Child Care (MoHCC) and National Malaria Control Program (NMCP). In support of overall goals to improve overall malaria surveillance monitoring and evaluation including detection and response to outbreak and enhanced surveillance in elimination areas, you will ensure that ZAPIM II contributes to strengthening efforts to effectively monitor key malaria interventions, as well as design and lead operations research to generate new evidence and inform programmatic adaptations.
|Position||Strategic Information Specialist|
|Experience Required||Seven years|
|Application Deadline||January 22, 2023|
Support the NMCP and MOHHC in Data Analysis and Use – 45%
- Identify and lead activities to improve data collection, reporting, analysis, presentation and use within the NMCP at all levels, including the use of DHIS2 for malaria data.
- Design and lead capacity strengthening efforts for NMCP and MOHCC stakeholders in data analysis, data quality assurance approaches, data visualization, and data use.
- Provide technical leadership to identify strategies to institutionalize a culture of data use for malaria programmatic decision making in Zimbabwe.
- Support NMCP in reviewing and packaging data to better inform decision making, including distribution and dissemination of information among key stakeholders.
Position in Organization:
- Job Identification: 102841
- Job Category: Program Delivery
- Locations: Abt Associates, Harare, ZW
- Posting Date: 12/28/2022, 12:07 AM
- Apply Before: 01/22/2023, 06:00 PM
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Bachelor’s Degree + 12 years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree + 10 years of relevant experience, or PhD + 8 years of relevant experience.
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Public Health, Epidemiology or other health related field.
- 10+ years of experience in leading monitoring, evaluation and learning priorities on health or malaria programs.
- Malaria program experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in both quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Proven experience in data analysis and ability to teach and mentor stakeholders and other staff.
- Substantial experience in building capacity of government and/or local partner staff in data generation, analysis and/or use.
- Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused on long-term deadlines and strategy.
- Possess outstanding professional reputation and have strong demonstrated interpersonal, written, and oral presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel within the country as needed.
- Oral and written English language required, additional knowledge of recognized local languages preferred.