IUCN and its programme partners will implement a BMU-IKI funded project: Community-Based Adaptation: Scaling up Community Action. The overall objective of the intervention is to building climate resilience, including the integration of adaptation in policies, planning and budgets at different levels.
IUCN will promote actions to build climate resilience and address climate risks in key sectors such as water, agriculture and fisheries; strengthening climate information, early warning and disaster management systems; and ecosystem and biodiversity protection; among others. The expected outcome of the project is increased resilience to climate change, for all genders and social groups, in over 100 communities of different size in Southern Africa.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the CBA-SCALE+ project as it relates to Zimbabwe’s climate change priorities and outcomes; and craft strategic and operational workplans for the delivery of projects and other programmatic initiatives.
- Take responsibility for implementing all project activities in Chiredzi and ensuring that they are delivered in a timely, effective and accurate manner; Contribute directly to the delivery of technical outputs, ensuring high quality, relevance and technical accuracy;
- Work effectively with the Chiredzi Rural District Council (CRDC) and other consortium members to deliver project products and communicate results;
- Convene regular project meetings with the local communities and CRDC to review progress well and provide monthly reports to the Team Leader
- Represent the IUCN team in all local events organised by the CRDC and consortium partners
- Contribute to the development and implementation of strategies for learning and knowledge generation from ongoing initiatives for sharing with the wider Regional Team as well as the broader IUCN Constituency;
- Support the identification of needs and opportunities for Programme development and work with the Team Leader, CBA-SCALE+ and other members of the team to develop new concept notes and mobilizing resources
- Carry out other relevant tasks assigned by, and mutually agreed with the line manager
Position in Organization:
- Vacancy #: 6243
- Unit: ESARO Mozambique Programme
- Organisation: International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN)
- Location: Zimbabwe Country Office, Harare, Zimbabwe
- Reporting to: Team Leader, CBA-SCALE
- Work percentage: 100%
- Grade: A3
- Expected start date: 01 January 2023
- Type of contract: Fixed-term (36 months)
- Closing date: 31 December 2022
- A Bachelor’s Degree in environmental management, resource economics, forestry, agriculture, water resources or development studies. A post graduate qualification is advantageous
- At least 3 years’ experience in programme implementation in the environment, climate change or forestry sector, preferably with an international organization
- Experience with results-based project cycle management including monitoring and evaluation methodologies and principles and project budget management
- Experience working with local communities in Zimbabwe in desirable
- Excellent command of written and spoken English is essential. Fluency in a local language is vital
- High personal integrity especially in matters related to finance, official information and communications;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and function in multicultural and multidisciplinary environment.
- Good team player with leadership abilities.
- Transparency: Able to build trust and contribute to informed and responsible decision making by carrying out the work of IUCN in a transparent manner; provides clear guidance to ensure that objectives and desired measurable results are understood by members of the team.
- Inclusiveness: Understands and accepts cultural diversity, and provide a tolerant, positive and supportive working environment that fosters respect for diversity, demonstrates ability to work in a multicultural, multi ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different nationalities and cultural backgrounds.
- Professionalism: Promote the organization’s interests, objectives and values in a diligent and professional manner.
- Accountability: Takes responsibility of individual and collective actions.
|Recruiter||International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN)|
|Experience Required||Minimum Three years|
|Application Deadline||Dec. 31, 2022|