African Rainbow Mineral was founded by Patrice Motsepe as South Africa’s first black-owned mining company. Motsepe founded African Rainbow Mineral Gold in 1997, which went on to list on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) in 2002.
African Rainbow Minerals (ARM) is a leading African diversified mining and minerals company with operations in South Africa and Malaysia. ARM mines and beneficiates iron ore, manganese ore, chrome ore, platinum group metals (PGMs), nickel and coal and also has a strategic investment in gold through Harmony Gold Mining Company (Harmony).
African Rainbow Minerals aims to retain talent by ensuring that its employee value proposition (EVP) remains compelling through its creative, innovative and entrepreneurial culture.
African Rainbow Minerals Human Resources strategy is driven by four pillars that underpin the focus of all Human Resources interventions. The Human Resources strategic pillars ensure ARM’s Human Resources practices are benchmarked against best practices, foster an entrepreneurial culture and leadership among employees and position ARM as an employer of choice.
African Rainbow Minerals corporate governance practices are based on high standards, and we regularly review them to make sure they are strong and in line with global best practice. We understand that adhering to the highest standards of corporate governance is fundamental to the sustainability of our business .
African Rainbow Minerals business practices are conducted in good faith, in the interests of the company and all of its stakeholders, with due regard to the principles of good corporate governance.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
• Assist and deliver quality work output in the day-to-day work activities, within the relevant policies, procedures and legislation.
• Grade 10
• Valid Emulsion & UV license
• Previous experience as a UV Operator requirement
• Experience in mechanised mining will be an advantage
COMPETENCIES & REQUIREMENTS
• Must be able to speak, read and write in English
- To operate the UV and any duties associated
- Transport and loading of material underground
and on surface
- Top up diesel, engine and hydraulic oils and
operate bowser pump and re-fuel TMMs
- Report to supervisor diligently at the end of
shift machine condition and location
- Assist the miner with the following explosive
- Exercise control over explosives
- Preparation of primers
- Placing of explosives and charging up shot
- Connecting of blasting rounds and circuit
TERMS & CONDITIONS
The successful candidate will be appointed on the condition of being certified medically fit as
per the Mine Health and Safety Act 29/1996.
Applicants must be prepared to undergo certain job-related assessments, if required as part of
the selection process.
Credit, criminal and reference checks may be done by the Mine if deemed necessary.
Interested applicants are requested to submit their CV’s with certified copies of their
Qualifications to: recruitmentND@trp.co.za
Designated groups will receive preference and in making a final selection, consideration will be
given to achieving the Mining Charter as well as the TRP Employment Equity Plan.
By sending your CV to the e-mail address on this advertisement you agree to:
- The processing of your personal information and
sharing it with third parties for verifications.
- The exercising of your rights provided for by
- To acknowledge that TRP will keep the record
of your personal information confidential.
Please be advised that:
- Late applications will not be entertained.
- Only applicants meeting the minimum
requirements will be considered.
- If you have not been contacted within
three (3) weeks after the closing date,
please consider your application to be
- Correspondence will be limited to