Absa Bank, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Absa Group, offers a range of retail, business, wealth management, corporate and investment solutions to customers and clients across South Africa. Our ambition is to sustainably create shared value and play an integral role in our customers’ and clients’ life journey, empowering them to achieve more and to recommend us to family, friends and business associates.
Absa is a truly African brand, inspired by the people we serve and determined to be always brave, passionate and ready so that we can make Africa proud.
Absa Group Limited is listed on the JSE and is one of Africa’s largest diversified financial services groups with a presence in 15 countries across the African continent, as well as offices in the United Kingdom and the United States.
ABSA Bank was a formation of ABSA and Barclays Africa Group Limited (1991–2017) Absa Group began with the incorporation Amalgamated Banks of South Africa (ABSA) Limited in 1986 from a merger of the United Building Society Holdings South Africa, Allied Bank South Africa, Volkskas Bank Group and certain interests of the Sage Group.
In 1992, ABSA acquired the entire shareholding prowess of the Bankorp Group (which included TrustBank, Senbank and Bankfin). In 1997, ABSA changed name of the holding company was changed to ABSA Group Limited and adopted a new corporate identity. It consisted of three main operating divisions, whose brands; “United”, “Volkskas”, “Allied” and “TrustBank” brands were retired the following year in favor of the ABSA brand.
Empowering Africa’s tomorrow, together…one story at a time.
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
Absa supports a vision of transformation, diversity and inclusion in all its operations and believes in a democratic society that creates opportunities for all people to prosper.
Absa BEE report sets out their efforts and performance in creating opportunities in the societies in which we operate. Absa uses their financial resources, the expertise of our people and our infrastructure to promote inclusion.
They aim to achieve this in a meaningful and sustainable way and do so as we simultaneously transform our organisation. We are a values-based business, driving a culture of fairness and equal opportunity.
Job SummaryTo provide specialist advice and support to recruit and select quality talent, through the execution of predefined objectives as per agreed standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- To administer and offer excellent service to the internal business stakeholders: Ensure the effective rollout of the in the cluster by serving as a cluster super user for the end to end delivery.
- Provide cluster end users with assistance and training to enable user understanding and system utility.
- Liaise with Group Administrator to facilitate loading of training information onto the learning platform to enable both usability and monitoring of progress.
- Participate, by timeously identifying cluster learning requirements and ensuring that are factored into the learning planning and portal considerations, in the cluster roll out of the assignment of Online and offline courses to fast track the learning cycles and commitment of all employees.
- Proof read the content of all cluster specific online courses and communicate all content related issues to the content provider.
- Make use of reporting and tracking tools on Talent Learning System to create lists of people who need to complete courses or be assigned tasks, thereby enabling the learning community to track learning performance overall.
- Generate standard and responsive cluster MII to empower business dialogue and decisions on the status of learning in critical learning areas.
- Clear understanding of all stakeholders internally and externally to ensure appropriate level of communication.
- Clear understanding and appreciation of position importance and impacts.
- Responsible for the effective scheduling of all candidate interactions with the bank.
- This includes Managing the Business interviews, i.e. initial, panel and final discussions.
- Managing Psychometrics assessment and provide business with relevant feedback.
- Responsible for consistent checks with the Resourcing office ensuring that all the data is accurate for Auditing purposes and that relevant data is attached i.e. signed offer, business approval, checks and relevant communication from business.
- Takes responsibility and accountability for integrity of system data in their part of the process – Taleo
2 to 3 years relevant experience in a similar environment
Higher Diplomas: Human and Social Studies (Required)