African Bank was founded in 1964 by a group of Black entrepreneurs. It was the first Black-owned bank in South Africa in 1974. The bank was established on July 31, 1975, after raising R1 million and receiving Reserve Bank approval.
African Bank was founded by:
- Dr. Sam Motsuenyane
- Dr. Richard Maponya
- Other Black businessmen
It took the founders 10 years to raise the R1 million required to open the bank.
|Sales Focus- Achieve customer growth, revenue and collections targets as defined by the bank
• Meet and exceed individual activity metrics for all product lines
• Meet, exceed and effectively execute on all Sales & Customer targets as set by the Bank
• Effectively execute the Banks sales strategy in respect of Product & Value Added Services(Up Selling, Cross Selling & Capital Take Up)
• Outbound calling to target both existing and prospective customers
• Convert all sales opportunities received through inbound customer requests, outbound calling, lead generation initiatives and customer queries
• Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with existing and prospective customers to generate new business
• Participates in cross selling bank products.
• Maintain detailed tracking of pipeline management and of prospect data and activities
• Set up in person visits, appointments and presentations, following up telephonically where necessary
• Conduct a professional financial needs analysis to make a needs based analysis that may lead to a sale
• Scheduling customer feedback for obtaining documents and progress updates
• Keep abreast of products and services, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends in and around your branch
• Identifying referral opportunities in and around the branch
• Assists the branch in meeting goals by generating new business through marketing activities, promotions, telemarketing and targeted customer initiatives
• Participates in events that demonstrate support for the community and increase business opportunities for the Bank
• Ensure all marketing endeavours, activities and initiatives adhere to appropriate policies and procedures
Risk & Compliance Focus
• Ensure deal quality is a premium by reviewing and completing product applications with the customer timeously and accurately utilising all the necessary Bank tools and training to mitigate risk (Biometrics & Fraudulent Indicator Identification)
• Comply with all policies/procedures related to all customer interactions and engagements
• Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements and the Banks compliance policies related to these requirements
• Ensure the reporting of certain incidents and instances required in terms of regulatory requirements(AML)
• Ensure compliance with the Banks Customer Service Standard and relevant legislation
• Ensure compliance with TCF principles
• Ensure accountability for your own behaviours while helping team members to enhance their ability to engage with the Banks customers
Training & Development
• Responsible for ensuring you receive on-going sales/service development training for deficiencies as highlighted in your developmental/coaching plans
• Responsible for participation in and successful completion of all product and services training and developmental initiatives that have a bearing on your on-going value proposition to the Banks customers
• Responsible for 100% participation in and successful completion of risk and compliance training initiatives that have a bearing on your on-going value proposition to the Banks customers and additional regulatory, statutory and compliance obligations of the Bank
• Responsible for ensuring compliance with all security and safety procedures within the branch including opening and closing procedures, camera surveillance where appropriate. Branch security, robbery, fire drill procedures and health and safety procedures and SOP’s.
• Perform other admin related duties as may be required by Management and Leadership structures of African Bank.
|To promote and sell the Bank’s product bouquet to clients through sales activities in a responsible manner. Responsible for sourcing and developing new contacts/prospects and sales leads through the Bank’s internal leads campaigns and your own referrals.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations – Entry Level Following Instructions and Procedures – Entry Level Persuading and Influencing – Entry Level Presenting and Communicating Information – Entry Level Relating and Networking – Entry Level Working with People – Entry Level
NQF 6 Recognised FSB QualificationRE5
2 years sales and client service experience Full Rep in all Product Categories
Accuracy and speed – Entry Level Administrative skills – Entry Level Client Focus – Entry Level Selling Skills – Entry Level