FAO – The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is committed to achieving food security by responding to the livelihood, food and nutrition security challenges faced by smallholder women and men farmers while enhancing their resilience to repeated climatic shocks.
Also Read : CV TIPS
FAO is currently implementing a number projects in Zimbabwe and the interventions are designed to
safeguard livelihoods, avert hunger and loss of productive assets.
Works under the overall supervision of the FAO Subregional Coordinator for Southern Africa and FAO Representative in Zimbabwe, the technical guidance of the Lead Technical Unit (AGPMG), and the direct supervision of the Plant Production and Protection Officer.
The technical areas/profiles covered will be as follows:
• Plant Production and Protection with particular focus on sustainable production intensification and plant health
• providing technical support to the development and implementation of crop related projects
Tasks and responsibilities
• Supports the development and implementation of strategies and regulatory frameworks in the areas of plant production and plant health.
• Supports implementation of ongoing FAO flagship programmes related to sustainable crop production intensification and value chain development
• Provides support in the planning and organization of the transboundary plant pest and disease (TPPD) response interventions.
• Contributes to resource mobilisation activities for plant production and protection interventions.
• Provides technical support to the implementation of SPS related interventions (with emphasis on application of IPPC ISPMs for market access).
• Supports climate smart agriculture (CSA) interventions including conservation agriculture and other relevant agroecological approaches that promote good agricultural practices.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• Advanced University degree in agriculture, agronomy, plant protection or related field
• At least 10 years relevant experience, preferably in agricultural/crop development programmes with a strong focus on capacity development using participatory approaches. Experience with project management and working with countries in Southern Africa will be an added advantage.
• Working knowledge (Level C) of English and limited knowledge (Level B) of one of the other FAO languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish). For PSA, working knowledge of English
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency
- FAO does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing)
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
HOW TO APPLY
• To apply, visit the recruitment website and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, and language skills
• Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile
• Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
• Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications
• Incomplete applications will not be considered
• Personal information provided on your application may be shared within FAO and with other companies acting on FAO’s behalf to provide employment support services such as pre-screening of applications, assessment tests
• Personal information provided on your application may be shared within FAO and with other companies acting on FAO’s behalf to provide employment support services such as pre-screening of applications, assessment tests, background checks and other related services.