ActionAid is a global federation working for a world free from poverty and injustice. ActionAid International welcomes applications from all sections of the community and promotes diversity.
ActionAid is committed to recruiting candidates who promote ActionAid’s SHEA and Safeguarding policies and values. ActionAid will only recruit candidate who are committed to SHEA and Safeguarding and ActionAid’s values, thereby helping to create safer working cultures. As a deterrence measure ActionAid is also committed to deterring candidates who are intending to cause harm from joining ActionAid.
ActionAid is a global federation working for a world free from poverty and injustice. ActionAid was founded as a charity in 1972. In the 1990s, we adopted a human rights-based approach to development. In 2003, we established the ActionAid International federation. Our head office is in Johannesburg, South Africa. We also have hubs in Asia, the Americas and Europe.
Women’s work is often overlooked, unpaid and undervalued. They work in unsafe conditions and have precarious jobs. Greater corporate accountability for upholding human rights is needed.
Across the world, women and girls are at risk of violence. We must challenge the social and cultural norms that lead to women’s vulnerability.
There are structural causes of violence against women: beliefs, access to resources, and economics. Governments must do more to serve the needs of poor and excluded women, and to protect and advance their rights.
People who are living in poverty face injustice. Their voices are ignored and their rights aren’t respected.
Women and young people are too often excluded from decision-making. This means that governments and corporations aren’t properly held accountable for their actions.
Power and resources should be shared fairly. More investment in public services would help meet the needs of women and other excluded groups. This should be funded through progressive taxation.
Do you live and breathe social media? Are you obsessed with insights and analytics? Ready to put your unique ideas to use fighting the climate crisis and social injustice?
As Web and Social Media Officer, you’ll provide tactical and operational support managing ActionAid International’s social media channels and website. You’ll be responsible for evaluating our social performance through data-gathering and analytics and acting appropriately on the finding to improve our platforms.
Experienced at building engagement and growth across social media channels, you’ll have access to a wealth of powerful content and compelling messaging, which you’ll help develop into high-performing posts that gain cut-through and prompt conversations across X, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and TikTok.
You’ll use your excellent communication skills to build relationships across the federation and with external stakeholders, to develop innovative social and digital strategies to launch multi-country campaigns and fundraising appeals.
Who we’re looking for:
- Demonstrable success in growing engagement and increasing an organization’s profile through social media platforms.
- Experience of managing social media platforms, including engagement, analytics and risk/crisis management of external channels and conversations.
- Experience of writing for different audiences and ability to breakdown complex information into compelling copy for social posts, blogs and news stories.
- Previous experience of delivering digital or communications strategies for charities, NGOs, political or campaigning organizations.
- Experience using web analytics platforms (preferably Google Analytics) and social media analytics tools.
- Experience managing websites with multiple functionality – e.g., fundraising, supporter engagement, policy informing, working with various Content Management Systems (including Drupal).
You should also have strong commitment to ActionAid’s values and ethos, including ActionAid’s.
What we offer:
ActionAid is committed to providing a welcoming, supportive workplace where we recognize a job well done, encourage close collaboration and sharing power, and where safeguarding standards and feminist leadership are exemplified everywhere. At ActionAid, you can look forward to a fair compensation package and a flexible working environment, including
- A workplace that embraces intersectional feminist principles
- Generous maternity, paternity and adoption pay