Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity, and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges.
The World Bank Office in Pretoria seeks applications from qualified local candidates for the vacant position of Receptionist to support the office and contribute to the smooth running of the daily operations of the Country Office. Tasks may vary according to the needs of the office in regard to reception work, but typically encompass basic office functions ranging from photocopying to light word processing.
The Receptionist will be under supervision of the Resource Management Officer (RMO) who is responsible for technical and professional development and performance evaluation of the Receptionist. The Receptionist is an integral part of the Pretoria Country Office Administration team and incumbent is responsible for:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work on multiple concurrent tasks with constant interruption with focus and attention to detail.
- Handle emergency situations in a calm, efficient and prompt manner with discretion and diplomacy.
- Performs basic office functions such as welcoming visitors, guide and provide appropriate information, sort and distribute incoming mails, answer telephones, assist in maintaining unit files in WBDocs, photocopying, assist with coordination of transport, manage office stationery and serve as point of contact for receiving pouch and courier by registering incoming mails, following up outgoing mails etc.
- Assist in preparing short documents, memos, letters, faxes and electronic applying basic computer skills.
- Maintain/update regularly a data base of CO Contact list and a CO Directory list, including ministries, UN agencies, hospitals, hotels, embassies etc., and arrange for its distribution at regular intervals.
- Backs-up other team members in routine office functions, as required and especially WBDocs.
- Manage the office access system for visitors and meetings.
- In consultation with the Front Office, provide general Bank information and respond to routine inquiries or complaints from clients and members of the public as directed by management.
- Coordinate with the Hospitality team in insuring the office board rooms are prepared ahead of the meeting.
- Manage the board room schedule and advise teams on availability.
- Technology and systems knowledge – Able to conduct routine work using basic software applications (Microsoft Office, Outlook) and appropriate technology and /or data base management systems.
- Project and task management – Attention to detail and ability to organize own work and complete assigned tasks within agreed timelines; and seeks guidance in organizing non – routine tasks.
- Institutional policies, processes, and procedures – Displays basic awareness of WB structure and demonstrate basic understanding and application of Bank Policies and Procedures.
- Flexibility and adaptability – Demonstrates ability and willingness to learn.
- Client Orientation – Demonstrates positive attitude towards clients and able to maintain relationships.
- Drive for Results – Takes personal ownership/accountability to meet deadlines and achieve set goals.
- Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion – Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team’s work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
- Knowledge, Learning and Communication – Demonstrates tact and judgment, good listening and communication skills. Exhibits interest in learning and enhancing own abilities and sharing knowledge.