Amnesty International is a global movement of more than 10 million people who campaign for a world where human rights are enjoyed by all. We reach almost every country in the world.
Our aim is simple: an end to human rights abuses. Independent, international and influential, we campaign for justice, fairness, freedom and truth wherever they’re denied. And whether we’re applying pressure through powerful research or direct lobbying, mass demonstrations or online campaigning, we’re all inspired by hope for a better world. One where human rights are respected and protected by everyone, everywhere.
At Amnesty International, we are passionate about what we do and we are proud of our achievements as a movement. To compensate our employees for the critical work they do, we reward them through a combination of an attractive and sector competitive salary and benefits package, high levels of engagement and involvement, and a commitment to employee development.
Benefits include 37 days annual leave (inclusive of public holidays and grace days), pension scheme, employee assistance programme, life assurance and many more benefits designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional, engaging environment.
To deliver an excellent service to the International Secretariat and South Africa National Office by ensuring payments to suppliers and other beneficiaries are made in line with our Service Level Agreement. To maintain the purchase and income ledgers so that financial information is up to date and accurate; to monitor implementation of relevant finance policies and the relevant processes through effective use of the Purchase Order system and Travel management systems.
You will be an experienced office administrator with a good understanding of the use of standard Office software, as well as finance systems such as D365 and Quickbooks. You will have excellent communication skills, including experience in drafting correspondence and the ability to deal effectively with people in person and on the telephone, in a polite, sensitive and understanding manner.
- Support the financial control of the South Africa National Office and Johannesburg Hub Office’s activities through the preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations and by ensuring adherence of office to all policies.
- Ledger entry in the accounting systems (D365 and Quickbooks)
- Assist in timely preparation of accurate monthly management accounts forecasts and budgets.
- Support the maintenance of office infrastructure including facility management, power management, equipment maintenance and asset management.
- Contribute to the office being run efficiently and effectively and supporting staff working in a safe and secure environment.
- Provide basic support for IT systems and user support including connecting to printers, password recovery etc.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Accounting to trial balance and payroll experience required.
- Experience in an administrative office role; excellent multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Experience of dealing with suppliers, banking system and external contacts; ideally will have maintained a relevant local network.
- Experience of monitoring budgets and an ability to identify budget problems and communicate to the relevant staff.
- Experience of supporting relocating international staff in settling into new location, providing immigration liaison support, organizing accommodation etc.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
Amnesty International is committed to being an inclusive employer and providing an inclusive and accessible recruitment process for all. If you would like to receive any information in a different way or would like us to do anything differently to help you apply for our roles, please get in touch with the team by emailing email@example.com
N.B. We reserve the right to close a vacancy before the closing date in the event of an overwhelming response or a change in business priorities.