Top ten Agriculture Visa jobs issued by the UK Government available for foreigners (2023)
Article by: Arnold Mutamiri
Foreign nationals who wish to work as farm workers in the UK will typically need to obtain a visa before they can enter the country.
As of 2021, the UK government operates a points-based immigration system, which applies to most work visa applications. To be eligible for a visa as a farm worker, an applicant will need to meet certain criteria and score enough points based on factors such as their skills, qualifications, and salary.
There are several types of visas available for foreign farm workers, including the Tier 2 (General) visa and the Tier 5 (Temporary Worker – Seasonal Worker) visa. The Tier 2 visa is for skilled workers who have a job offer in the UK and meet the required points threshold, while the Tier 5 visa is for temporary workers who are coming to the UK for a short-term job, such as seasonal agricultural work.
In order to apply for a UK farm worker visa, applicants will typically need to provide evidence of their job offer and meet other requirements such as having a valid passport, passing a tuberculosis test, and providing biometric information. The exact requirements and application process can vary depending on the type of visa being applied for and the applicant’s individual circumstances.
It’s worth noting that the UK’s immigration policies and requirements can change over time, so it’s important to check the most up-to-date information on the UK government’s immigration website before making any visa applications.
The UK government does accept foreign farm workers under certain conditions. The UK government has a Seasonal Workers Pilot scheme that allows non-EEA workers to come to the UK for up to six months to work in the horticulture sector.
Africans can apply for UK agriculture jobs if they meet the necessary requirements, have a valid work permit, and are eligible to work in the UK.
The UK government has a Seasonal Workers Pilot scheme that allows non-EEA workers to come to the UK for up to six months to work in the horticulture sector. This scheme is open to workers from outside the European Economic Area (EEA), which includes many African countries.
Also Read: CANADA’s top ten fully-funded scholarships available for International students (2023)
There are a variety of farm jobs available in the UK for foreigners, including:
- Fruit Pickers: This is one of the most popular farm jobs for foreigners in the UK. Fruit picking jobs are seasonal and are available from May to October.
- Farm Workers: Foreigners who have experience in farming can look for farm worker jobs. These jobs usually involve a variety of tasks such as planting, harvesting, and maintenance.
- Livestock Handlers: Livestock handlers are responsible for taking care of animals on the farm, including feeding them and cleaning their living quarters.
- Tractor Drivers: Tractor drivers operate and maintain the farm machinery, including tractors, harvesters, and other equipment.
- Dairy Workers: Dairy workers are responsible for milking cows, cleaning the milking equipment, and maintaining the dairy farm.
- Poultry Workers: Poultry workers are responsible for taking care of chickens, including feeding them and cleaning their living quarters.
- Agricultural Engineers: Agricultural engineers are responsible for designing and developing machinery and equipment used on farms.
- Farm Managers: Farm managers are responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the farm, including managing staff and finances.
- Agronomists: Agronomists are responsible for studying and developing crops and their growth patterns.
- Irrigation Workers: Irrigation workers are responsible for maintaining and repairing irrigation systems used on farms.
In addition, the UK government has introduced a new Seasonal Worker Visa scheme which is open to workers from selected countries, including some African countries such as Kenya and Morocco.
However, it’s important to note that the availability of jobs and visa requirements can vary depending on the season and the location of the farm. It’s always advisable to check with the relevant authorities and companies for current job vacancies and requirements.