IWMI and the Global Water Partnership (GWP) is an intergovernmental organisation established in 1996 to support countries in their efforts to implement a more equitable and sustainable management of their water resources. The network spans 13 regions with 2,400 institutional Partners in 158 countries. The global secretariat is in Stockholm, Sweden. The GWP Africa Coordination Unit is based at GWP Southern Africa (GWPSA) in Pretoria, South Africa and coordinates GWP Africa programmes across Africa. In addition, GWPSA hosts the GWP global theme on Climate resilience and is charged with providing global strategic leadership and coordination of implementation of the GWP strategy on climate resilience.
REGIONAL FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
The Regional Finance and Admin Officer assists GWPSA in managing the delivery of specialist finance and Admin services for GWP-SA and the Africa Coordination Unit to ensure credible, efficient and effective regional network management and operations. The Regional Finance Officer engages at entry level on institutional and operational financial matters for Pan-African, SADC region and national levels. The Officer should develop and maintain positive working relationships with GWPSA staff.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Understanding, application, and enforcement of donor financial procedures, regulations and reporting to ensure contractual compliance;
- Provide technical oversight on areas of financial accounting, reporting and financial planning of the entire organization, including Country Water Partnerships(CWP) to ensure GWPSA’s financial systems are aligned with the established policies and procedures and provides accountability to donors whilst implementing GWPSA’s strategic plan.
- Oversee the production of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, ensure timeliness, accuracy and compliance with the International Financial Reporting Standards
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Budget upload in Microsoft Dynamix ERP system
- Preparation of budget forecasts and their revision during project implementation
- Ensuring smooth day to day accounting functions including payment and admin processes
- Overall office facility and supplies management;
- Bookkeeping – hardcopy and electronic\Understanding, application, and enforcement of donor financial procedures, regulations and reporting to ensure contractual compliance;
- Record keeping and reporting, updates cashbooks and GWPSA accounts;
- Raising Journals for month end , quarterly and year end processes
- Coding of invoices in ERP system and payment thereof
- Development and maintenance of an efficient and effective filing of all financial accounts,
|Host Nation||South Africa|
|Closing Date||15 March 2023|
|Eligible Candidate Qualifications||Degree|
QUALIFICATIONS, QUALITIES, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXPERIENCE
- An appropriate university degree or equivalent professional qualification in financial accounting and management,
- Computer literacy in financial accounting software and ERP systems and spreadsheets, and use of internet and online communication tools
- Excellent knowledge of relevant International Organization administrative and operating protocols and policies;
- An understanding of natural resources management and development issues in Africa with a focus om SADC
- Must have a very good service approach and service management; very good personal organization and priority setting as well as meeting deadlines; excellent skills in leading and managing people and takes accountability for his service.
- Teamwork skills: the officer must be able to maintain a positive, co-operative relationship with Partners, clients and with the members of the different GWPSA governance structures (GWPSA SC, RTEC and Secretariat and CWPs) and have demonstrated a willingness to assist others in time of need; contributes to team and Partners; reliable and has the capacity to both deliver and receive criticism constructively, and provides effective feedback. Effective and transparent approach to sharing information
- Interpersonal skills and communication: the officer requires skills of applying tact and courtesy and must be fluent, succinct and clear in communication – ensuring no misunderstanding
- Ability to deal with discretion on sensitive issues and to respond positively to Maintaining all confidentiality at all cost.
- Proactive approach to meeting deadlines and delivering results with limited supervision
- Ability to work independently and to take direction from others where
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Flexibility in fast paced environment of ambiguity, rapidly changing priorities and tight deadlines; and ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- A willingness to work nonstandard hours and/or occasional weekends
- Be willing to travel internationally – when necessary
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted within 2-3 weeks after the application deadline.