Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Also Read: How to write an excellent CV?
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Drive assigned IOM office vehicle(s).
- Manage the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle(s) to ensure roadworthiness of the vehicles. This includes daily check of tires, brakes, engine oil, fan belt, etc.
- Arrange for minor repairs and ensures that the vehicles are kept clean.
- Ensure that the vehicles undertake regular service intervals.
- Keep records of spare parts for vehicle(s) and conduct monthly inventory of the spare parts.
- Find the most direct and safe route over the best available roads to the destination.
- Ensure that the IOM vehicle(s) is used only for official/authorized business, as advised by the supervisor.
- Make sure that the daily log sheet is prepared, and a monthly report is prepared summarizing statistics linked to mileage, fuel consumption, etc. for the vehicle.
- Keep a high degree of confidentiality and discreteness in discussions, which involves IOM and its officials. Take proper actions to reduce potential security threats to IOM officials and/or property within the immediate vicinity of the vehicle and along transport routes.
- Meet official personnel at the airport(s) and facilitate immigration and customs formalities as required.
- Collect and deliver mail, documents, pouches, and other communications/items from and to the country office; go to the post office, airport, government agencies, other UN agencies, institutions, project sites, etc., to take and deliver items and communications; keep records as required.
- When needed, assist the country office staff in performing simple clerical duties such as making and answering telephone calls, making photocopies, keeping records, etc.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
|Recruiter||INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATION FOR MIGRATION (IOM)|
|Qualification||High school degree|
|Experience Required||Minimum 02 years|
|Application Deadline||12 February 2023|
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High school degree/certificate with minimum 2 years of relevant working experience or Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Valid national driver’s licence.
- Advance driving certificate is an added advantage
- At least 2 years of experience as a driver in a professional environment is a requirement; Driving experience obtained from an International Organization, Embassy or UN system with a safe driving record is an advantage
- Experience in driving a variety of makes and models of vehicles
- Knowledge on vehicle maintenance and minor repairs
- Defensive/Advance driving course/certificate is an added advantage
- Familiarity with GPS devices
- Knowledge of safety regulations and traffic laws
- Knowledge of South African roads and neighbouring countries
- Availability to occasionally work overtime and weekends.
- A polite and professional disposition
- Ability to remain calm in stressful driving situations.
- Computer literacy, knowledge with basic Microsoft office
Language required for the position, Fluency in English. Desirable languages, Working knowledge of Local languages.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.