WFP – The World Food Programme is the food-assistance branch of the United Nations. It is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, the largest one focused on hunger and food security, and the largest provider of school meals. Founded in 1961, it is headquartered in Rome and has offices in 80 countries.
Also Read: How to write an excellent CV?
To support all Operational Information Management and Performance Reporting functions as it relates to UNHAS activities and contribute to the establishment and presentation of standard and consistent reports and operating overview of WFP operations and associated results that facilitate informed and timely decision-making at all levels throughout UNHAS and WFP Aviation.
|World Food Programme (WFP)
|Typically three years
|07 February 2023
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive):
- Support staff in assigned area to ensure that standard reporting and information procedures and templates are followed to drive the quality, consistency and standardization of information management and performance reporting across WFP aviation, UNHAS, and WFP CO.
- Provide technical advice to UNHAS Chief on the integration of WFP and donor policies and guidance into established systems to drive the quality, consistency and standardization of information management and performance reporting for UNHAS.
- Collate relevant information and data from media and local internal and external sources to facilitate and maximize the exchange of information and data flow between functional area networks in WFP, to provide operational awareness and understanding of events that may have humanitarian and/or operational impact.
- Collate and assist in the dissemination of operational and humanitarian analysis pertaining to UNHAS current or future responses and donor policies, trends and preferences to ensure UNHAS specific input to WFP’s operational reporting.
- Collate, analyse and communicate the ‘Essential Elements of Information’, pertaining to the operational environment and available human, financial and physical assets in order to facilitate access to timely and accurate information used at country, regional and corporate level.
- Support the preparation of standard UNHAS Reporting Exercise in collaboration with WFP Aviation, the country office programme, monitoring & evaluation, logistics and resource management functions by coordinating to ensure coherence and quality of performance information.
- Collaborate with counterparts internally and with other UN and NGO agencies to ensure consistency in humanitarian information and to complement UNHAS analysis and information.
- Support the enhancement of the capacity of UNHAS staff and partners to effectively manage operational information and performance reporting through assisting in the delivery of the information and reporting training on core competencies.
Advanced University degree in Political Science, Economics, Statistics, Information Management or Journalism, Business Management, Social Sciences or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
Typically three years or more of postgraduate professional experience in a relevant field of work, with a background and interest in international humanitarian development.
Knowledge & Skills:
•Specialised knowledge of information management best practices, techniques and processes with some understanding of the basic theoretical background.
•Strong written and oral communication skills, including substantive analysis and report writing skills.
•Able to supervise and support more junior and/or less experienced members of the team.
•Knowledge of, or the ability to quickly assimilate, UN/WFP specific processes and systems.
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate WFP’s Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field.
- Be a force for positive change: Implements new methods or tools to improve team’s work processes and productivity.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports.
- Create an inclusive culture: Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in own unit.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work.
- Focus on getting results: Monitors team’s deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field.
- Build strong external partnerships: Sets an example and provides guidance to team on how to build relationships with external partners