Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action, helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within: now and for the future.
Also Read: How to write an excellent CV?
MC Nigeria seeks a Senior Infrastructure Delivery Manager to provide technical leadership on infrastructure for the STWASH Activity and any future expansions. The manager will be responsible for WASH activities in Borno, Adamawa, Yobe, Imo, Abia, and Delta including infrastructure rehabilitation of water schemes, treatment facilities, pumping system, boreholes, water towers, transmission main pipes as well as distribution piping system. In additional, Mercy corps will also implement a fecal sludge treatment facility in Borno. The manager will lead staff as they plan and implement technical program activities; support on both internal and external reports, and recruit and supervise an engineering team and firms responsible for delivering high-quality projects.
|Position||Senior Infrastructure Delivery Manager|
|Qualification||BSc, or Master’s degree|
|Experience Required||At least 12 years|
|Application Deadline||05 February 2023|
Essential Job Responsibilities
PROGRAM AND TEAM MANAGEMENT
- Lead implementation of all technical components of WASH infrastructure projects in full coordination with other staff members.
- Manage the technical team including the WASH and utility water engineers, site engineers, and provide overall supervision and monitoring of engineering designs and construction activities in the field. Provide support to team through constructive feedback and coaching to ensure implementation is on track. Organize workflow and ensure that duties or delegated tasks are clearly communicated and carried out.
- Ensure that all minimum program/ construction management standards are met and that strong structures are in place for smooth completion of the projects
- Work closely with the technical team to develop timely and realistic plans.
- Conduct frequent site visits to provide construction management supervision including oversight of work onsite, materials testing, report development, verification of quantities,
- Review interim payment certificate from contractors prior to payment request submission.
- Prepare budget forecast , projection and expenditure reports as well as analysis of any risk of overspending anticipated
- Lead on the contract management related to all construction activities and provide advise to the supervision team and consultant.
- Manage tender processes with MC Nigeria procurement team, including reviewing technical documentation, initiating procurement requests, and providing additional inputs as needed.
- Work closely with finance and program teams to ensure compliance to MC procedures and standardization.
- Develop a full working knowledge all WASH project designs including pump stations, pipelines, water treatment plants, civil, mechanical, and electrical works and sanitation facilities.
- Assist in selection of projects, preparing design, cost estimation, preparing work plans, implementation of the infrastructure projects and conducting market assessments/price monitoring (on annual basis or as needed).
Knowledge and Experience
- BSc, or master’s degree, in civil engineering (or related field) with significant knowledge and experience in the design and construction of large-scale water and sanitation facilities
- At least 12 years of experience in design and construction of various urban water supply infrastructure projects, including water treatment, and feacal sludge management facilities projects and work in urban environments
- Experience in Managing FIDIC contract with successful records preferred
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel and to be a neutral party with people of different perspectives and backgrounds
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in managing contracts with engineering design consultants, and construction firms
- Experience in reviewing tenders and developing recommendation for award
- Strong construction management experience including ability to review contractor work plans, budgets and work progress
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action to not delay program activities
- Strong ability and demonstrated experience in mentoring and building high performing engineering teams
- Knowledge and experience of USAID funded projects is a plus
- Prior experience working for/with INGOs is a plus