The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation was born 16 November 1945. UNESCO has 195 members including eight associate members and has its headquarters at the World Heritage Centre in Paris France.
UNESCO is an agency under the United Nations and headed by Audrey Azoulay. UNESCO sponsors projects that improve literacy, provide technical training, education, advancement in science, protect independent media, press freedom, preserve regional, cultural history and promote cultural diversity.
UNESCO are in search of youths with a passion and a mission to inspire others to serve based on their mission. UNESCO recruits youths of diverse backgrounds and strives for a multicultural work environment.
UNESCO has wide range of human resources partnerships with different entities ranging from governments to universities. Through various HR programmes, you will be able to work with UNESCO on different initiatives and projects and expand your horizons in an international multicultural working environment.
There is a connection between all living things built and strengthened over billions of years.
This is biodiversity Our Lives depend on it and today biodiversity depends on it therefore,
we must unite to protect restore and Preserve; we must bring out the best of who we are as human beings.
If you are an individual applicant who is interested in working with us through one of the partnership programmes, please contact the respective entities for more information on programme timeline, application and selection.
If you are a governmental institute, university, foundation, etc., and are interested in collaborating with us, please contact the Bureau of Human Resources Management of UNESCO for more information.
UNESCO Zimbabwe looking for “Junior Finance Assistant“. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before January 16, 2023.
The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) is a specialised agency of the United Nations (UN) aimed at promoting world peace and security through international cooperation in education, the sciences, and culture. It has 193 member states and 11 associate members, as well as partners in the nongovernmental, intergovernmental, and private sector. Headquartered at the World Heritage Centre in Paris, France, UNESCO has 53 regional field offices and 199 national commissions that facilitate its global mandate.
|Recruiter||United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO)|
|Position||Junior Finance Assistant|
|Experience Required||Minimum One years|
|Application Deadline||January 16, 2023|
Overview Of the Functions Of The Post
- Under the overall delegated authority of the Director/Head of the Office and the direct supervision of the Finance and Administrative Officer, the incumbent is involved in the completion of standard administrative support activities and processes as per UNESCO Rules and Regulations. As a team member, the incumbent provides administrative support services for the Administrative Unit that is, processing transactions, control and maintenance of accounts and databases, and preparation of routine reports, correspondence and administrative documentation.
Position in Organization:
- Parent Sector: Field Office
- Duty Station: Harare
- Classification of duty station: [[filter12]]
- Standard Duration of Assignement: [[filter13]]
- Job Family: Administration
- Type of contract: Non Staff
- Level: Level 4
- Duration of contract: 1 year
- Recruitment open to: External candidates
- Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time): 16/01/2023
- Degree in Accounting or Finance or any business related degree
- Specialized Training in Accounting Finance or Economics, Business Administration
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent planning, organizational and coordination skills.
- Very good analytical and problem-solving skills, good sense of judgement and capacity to support sound financial and budgetary
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and deliver under tight deadlines
- Excellent IT skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Data Management, SAP etc.)
- Willingness to work independently
- Sense of confidentiality, tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and capacity to work in an intercultural environment
The Closing Date: January 16, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.