|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
Puma Energy is a leading global energy business, which supplies, stores and distributes petroleum products in 48 countries across six continents. Founded in 1997, Puma Energy has its headquarters in Singapore and Geneva and employs over 8,000 people globally with regional hubs in South Africa, Puerto Rico, Australia and Estonia and have recently setup a Global Delivery Center in Mumbai, India.
Puma Energy has a network of 100 storage terminals, more than 3,000 retail sites, and a presence at over 80 airports. Our mission is to energize communities to help drive growth and prosperity by sustainably serving our customers’ needs in high potential countries around the world
At Puma, we provide opportunities for high performing individuals from diverse backgrounds who want to make a difference by working together to fulfil our purpose of Energising Communities.
We focus our business around our customers – doing everything we can to help them. We do this passionately and responsibly, day in, day out across the globe.
So, if you’re passionate about building a career with an agile, customer-led, fast-moving organisation in the Energy industry, join our Graduate Program to accelerate your learning.
Also Read: How Female Interns avoid Sexual Harassments
We’ve got more than 4,000 people working in more than 40 countries and provide opportunities to work all over the world. We develop talent and ensure those who shine can evolve within the company, or across the wider Trafigura Group.
The Puma Energy Africa Graduate Program is a one-year rotational program for fresh graduates to accelerate their learning across the business, with rotations in Supply, Operations and Retail. At the end of the 12 months, successful candidates will be offered a permanent job offer with Puma Energy, depending on their identified competencies.
- Leads initiatives pursuing optimization of the Total Cost of Ownership, establishing plans, directions and controls
- Perform price benchmark to ensure that Puma Energy prices are consistent within the market
- Sourcing and Negotiation
- Validates country targets and consolidates the country’s negotiations to ensure the best costs/benefits for the company
- Lead multi discipline teams in charge of negotiations for his / her country
- Creatively explore different alternative approaches in negotiation agreements to achieve greatest cost reduction for Puma Energy
- Co-responsible with Regional Procurement and Global Sourcing to implement regional and global negotiations within the country and evaluate the local impact of company’s procurement policies
- Propose, validate, initiate and follow-up vendor qualification request (KYC)
- Build / maintain a network of contacts and develop top country Procurement relationship with suppliers
- Represents Puma Energy to suppliers, ensuring suppliers know what is expected of them and markets the opportunity for suppliers to supply Puma Energy
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
For our Graduate Program in Africa (12 months) we’re looking for:
- Young enthusiastic people who have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Resilience, adaptability, agility
- 0 to 1 years of professional experience
- People who likes challenges
- The ability to push boundaries to discover new things, raise standards and drive results
- People who demonstrate a can-do, positive attitude
- Transparency and honesty
- Accountability and integrity
- Willingness to build your own success and career in an international company
- Proficiency in using computer applications
- Fresh Graduates with Bachelor’s degree (2022-2023)
- Majors: STEM, Mechanical Engineer, Petroleum Engineer and/or related fields.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- Graduated in the top 5% of your class
- Consistent academic excellence
- Proven experience in extra-curricular activities
If you’re energised about helping us fulfil our purpose of ‘Energising Communities’, apply for our Graduate Program in Africa now.