Economic Affairs Officer – UNECA
|Recruiter||United Nations Economic Commission for Africa ( UNECA)|
|Position||Economic Affairs Officer|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Advanced University Degree|
|Experience Required||Minimum Five years|
|Application Deadline||15th Dec 2022|
The United Nations Economic and Social Council to encourage economic cooperation among its member states following a recommendation of the United Nations General Assembly established the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa in 1958. It is one of five regional commissions.
ECA’s mission is to deliver ideas and actions for an empowered and transformed Africa; informed by the 2030 Agenda and Agenda 2063.
This position is located in the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa, Southern Africa Sub-regional Office – Lusaka, Zambia. The Economic Affairs Officer reports to the Chief Inclusive Industrialization Section, Southern Africa Sub-regional Office.
Assists to strengthen the sub-regional economic organizations, including the cross-border initiative in trade in Southern Africa, to enable member States to achieve their full economic potential.
Job Responsibilities: Within delegated authority, the Economic Affairs Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Follows trends and experiences in regional integration, global and regional trade, trade statistics and capacity building related to the development and sharing of trade-finance-investment-technology information and its use in policy-making.
- Assists to strengthen the sub-regional economic organizations, including the cross-border initiative in trade in Southern Africa, to enable member States to achieve their full economic potential.
- Develops socio-economic analysis and qualitative information necessary for specified recurrent or ad hoc assignments.
- Drafts specified inputs for technical papers and analytical studies for curricula development on selected global, regional, national or sector aspects of economic development.
- Identifies and analyses policy proposals made elsewhere relating to assigned topics.
- Attends international, regional, and national meetings to collect information and to hold discussions with colleagues in other institutions.
- Assists in the organization and servicing of expert group meetings, seminars, etc. on development issues.
- Prepares speeches and other inputs for presentations by senior staff.
- Prepares inputs for reports to intergovernmental bodies.
- Follows intergovernmental meetings and prepares summary reports.
- Prepares inputs to statements by members of office and Commission staff to such meetings.
- Assists in the organization of panels, round tables etc. on trade and development issues for intergovernmental processes.
- Organizes and delivers training seminars for national experts on trade and development issues.
- Prepares documentation for technical cooperation programmes and projects.
- Monitors, backstops and assesses the implementation of technical cooperation programmes and projects.
- Performs other related duties as required, including a variety of programmatic/administrative tasks such as preparation of budgets, evaluation of staff performance (e-Performance), and recruitment, necessary for the final delivery of the Office’s services.
- Undertakes on-the-job and other training activities, both internally and externally.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: ECONOMIC AFFAIRS OFFICER, P3
- Job Code Title: ECONOMIC AFFAIRS OFFICER
- Department/Office: Economic Commission for Africa
- Duty Station: LUSAKA
- Posting Period: 01 November 2022 – 15 December 2022
- Job Opening Number: 22-Economic Affairs-ECA-194220-R-Lusaka (G)
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
Qualification & Experience:
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in economics or related field. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in economic research and analysis, policy formulation, application of economic principles in development programmes or related area is required.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the Southern Africa region is desirable.
- Good publication track-record is desirable.
How to Apply UNECA Economic Affairs Officer Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: 15th Dec 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.