One Young World is the global community for young leaders. We exist to develop young leaders who are taking action to solve the world’s big challenges. The annual One Young World Summit convenes young leaders from 190+ countries to connect, share learnings and receive mentorship from world-renowned political, business and humanitarian leaders.
One Young World strives to identify the most impactful young leaders from every country in the world. Scholarships provide the opportunity for exceptional young people to attend on the merit of their proven leadership and ability to create change in their home country.
Many of our scholars are changing the world starting at the grassroots, sent to attend the Summit by organisations who want to support young people making waves. Some are top performing professionals, sent by forward thinking managers who see the need for talent development. While others are paving the way politically in their countries, and are sent to the Summit by governments who see the value in empowering young people.
We only develop and support young leaders who can demonstrate a proactive commitment to build a positive impact on their communities. But we believe the world needs leaders from every background. We are not just inclusive, we proactively welcome diversity – across every country and every sector. This means we look for people who are doing the best they can within their individual circumstances, to improve the lives of others, no matter their field of interest or expertise.
Our scholarship programme means that the best and brightest young leaders from around the world are able to attend our Summit entirely free, from beginning to end including travel, catering and accommodation, regardless of their financial circumstances.
The young leaders return to their communities as One Young World Ambassadors with the connections, insights and motivation to increase their social impact, accessing the global community of 17,000+ young leaders and a range of development opportunities.
About the Scholarship
In partnership with the China-United States Exchange Foundation, One Young World is launching the CUSEF Young Leaders Scholarship 2024 to identify eight outstanding young leaders from all over the world. The Scholars will be selected based on their proven positive social impact in tackling global challenges such as climate change, poverty, gender equality and public health. The scholarship will enable eight impactful young leaders who are driving forward positive change to participate in the One Young World Summit 2024 in Montreal and join the global One Young World Ambassador Community.
Scholars will receive
- Full delegate access to the One Young World Summit 2024 in Montreal, Canada.
- Access to development opportunities.
- Lifetime membership to CUSEF and the One Young World Community.
- Access to monthly global calls designed to provide delegates with enhanced leadership skills and principles alongside expertise around the Summit’s main themes.
- Exclusive pre-Summit calls with the CUSEF Young Leaders.
- At the One Young World Summit 2024, CUSEF scholars will participate in an onstage panel and host a workshop.
- Private hotel accommodation at the Summit in Montreal from 18 – 21 September 2024.
- Return travel to Montreal (flights in economy).
- Ground transport to travel to the airport (if required).
- Catering throughout the Summit.
- Impact monitoring and tracking of projects.
- Promotion and visibility of the work on social media.
- Opportunity to act as a peer mentor for future cohorts of CUSEF Scholars.
- Aged between 18-30 at the time of the One Young World Summit 2024.
- Nationals of all countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Demonstrated interest in promoting East-West exchanges.
- Have a proven track record for leadership.
- Have an evidenced commitment to delivering change.
- Are addressing key local and/or global issues in their work.