IFAW – International Fund for Animal Welfare is a global non-profit helping animals and people thrive together. We are experts and everyday people, working across seas, oceans, and in more than 40 countries around the world. We rescue, rehabilitate, and release animals, and we restore and protect their natural habitats.
The problems we’re up against are urgent and complicated. To solve them, we match fresh thinking with bold action. We partner with local communities, governments, non-governmental organizations, and businesses. Together, we pioneer new and innovative ways to help all species flourish.
The problems we face are growing larger and more complex everyday. More online trafficking. More ocean noise. More powerful storms. We’ve been around for fifty years, but we know our solutions can’t stay the same. We have to be nimble, curious, and open to new partners. In short, we have to think, and act, differently.
Are you passionate about animals, people and the place we call home? IFAW is looking for a Graphic Designer & Multimedia Producer to help grow the IFAW brand and make IFAW a household name around the world, creating branded content for use in web, social, and other channels.
The Multimedia & Video Producer will have a varied portfolio of video projects as well as a sampling of graphic design. The Producer will bring a detail-oriented, conscientious approach to their work, understanding that every project is an opportunity for IFAW to tell our unique story and build a brand connection with our audience. As a social media native who is plugged into trends, this person will successfully create social video content at high volume that resonates with our audiences, and will have a knack for effectively telling a story in a very short format. The right candidate is a self-starter who can produce and edit high-quality clips without step-by-step direction. As a member of the Content Marketing team, the Producer will be plugged into organizational priorities and ongoing campaigns, and will always be thinking about how those initiatives can be best represented in social video.
Role and Responsibilities
- Monitor video trends on social media and work in tandem with Video Producer & Strategist to identify video opportunities fit for IFAWs social channels based on long-term strategy
- Repurpose and/or reformat existing IFAW content to work across social media channels
- Produce a high volume of video content for social channels, particularly Instagram and TikTok
- Assist in development and execution of YouTube Shorts production strategy
- Following IFAW’s brand guidelines, consistently produce work that is on brand as well as tailored to the audience and channel for maximum impact
- Use graphic design experience to create social media templates and animations.
- Produce versions of campaign videos in multiple languages.
- Collaborate closely across the Content Marketing team, liaising with our Global Digital Asset Manager for imagery selection, with design resources for graphics work, and with others.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Film, Interactive Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Communication Arts, Information Design, or equivalent education preferred.
- 3+ years of video production experience and 1-2 years of graphic design experience, with a strong portfolio encompassing both
- Experience with industry-standard creative design tools, including Adobe Creative Suite, such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects; proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro and file management
- Native social media user who understands the benefit of using video on social media
- Experience with animation, motion graphics, or infographics is a plus
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Short-form story-telling experience
- Project management skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving environment
At IFAW, we aim to create and foster a workforce that reflects and contributes to the diverse, global community in which we work to improve the lives of both animals and people. We are dedicated to fostering justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion so we actively encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds.