Welthungerhilfe (WHH) is one of the largest private aid agencies in Germany; politically and religiously independent. The organization fights for “Zero Hunger by 2030”. Since being founded in 1962, it has provided funding of EUR 4.75 billion for more than 11,498 overseas projects in 70 countries.
In 2022 alone, Welthungerhilfe supported about 18.8 million people with its 603 overseas projects in 37 countries. In real terms, that means: Many people now harvest more and can therefore improve their diets.
They now have clean drinking water or toilets at home, which leaves them less susceptible to illness. Others are earning or producing more and can begin an education. For the children, WHH’s support means a chance of improved physical and mental development.
WHH bases its efforts on the principle of empowering people to help themselves, which it implements with measures ranging from rapid disaster relief to rehabilitation to long-term development cooperation projects with national and international partner organizations.
At Welthungerhilfe you will find a wide variety of interesting positions in a professional environment in development cooperation and emergency assistance. Our employees work in Germany and 35 countries worldwide.
Typical positions offered by Welthungerhilfe abroad include, for example: Experts in agriculture, water, nutrition, logistics or emergency assistance, project manager, experts in advising our local partner organizations or in the financial-administrative management in a project country.
Expert Global Fleet Management
in Freetown or Harare
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration until December 31, 2024. Employment location will be Freetown, Sierra Leone or Harare, Zimbabwe.
Mobility is an important component of any humanitarian activity. To secure the right-sized, efficient, and sustainable mobility, Welthungerhilfe invests into a professional Fleet Management, which is supported by software solutions.
As Expert Global Fleet Management you will make Welthungerhilfe’s work in our programme countries more effective while considering sustainability as an important aspect in the way how we manage our fleet. Consequently, your work will have a direct impact in reducing poverty and hunger.
- Focal point for all programme countries regarding Fleet Management, fleet administration software (FleetWave), and tracking tool (Geotab)
- Conceptualization and creation of training content and reporting tools related to Fleet Management
- Conduct trainings related to Fleet Management
- Analysis of the collected global fleet data and implementation of improvements (considering sustainability as one key objective)
- Support in the planning & implementation of local Fleet Management processes
- Support in the further development of the Fleet Management Manual
- Coordination and collaboration with programme and logistics staff in the programme countries
- Active participation in activities and Welthungerhilfe‘s engagement within the Fleet Forum
- A university or college degree in logistics or another relevant field
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience in logistics (preferably Fleet Management) and/or setting up/managing a software tool (preferably fleetwave)
- Experience in supply chain managmeent, warehouse management, and/or sustainability would be an asset
- Strong coordination and facilitation skills, as well as the ability to set up and conduct trainings
- High level of empathy and adaptability to different cultural contexts
- Willingness to travel to project countries and readiness to receive necessary vaccinations for working in Welthungerhilfe’s programme countries
- Excellent spoken and written English; French language skills would be an asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale.
Basic requirements for a posting abroad are a fitness for the tropics, very good language skills and an interest in foreign cultures and ways of thinking: A posting abroad means leaving behind your familiar environment and diving into countries with different values and social norms.