Save the Children : Background
• Save the Children organizations around the world join together to become one global movement, transforming children’s lives and the future we share.
• Save the Children provided 1.6 million Haitians – including 700,000 children – with shelter materials, food and water, health care, hygiene and sanitation, after the magnitude 7.0 earthquake hit Haiti.
• Severe monsoon flooding wreaked havoc in Pakistan, forcing an estimated 21 million people to flee their homes. Save the Children helped more than 2.6 million flood-affected people with emergency medical care, as well as food, shelter materials and other basic necessities.
• Save the Children delivered community-based health care to more than 6.6 million newborns and 7.3 million children under age 5.
• In Bangladesh, Save the Children’s HIV messages reached 36 million children and youth through a national media campaign
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
- Job Identification – 3343
- Job Category – Finance
- Posting Date12/09/2023, 16:21
- Apply Before 24/09/2023, 02:00
- Job Schedule – Full time
- Locations CO – Harare
Save the Children work around the world
• When a devastating drought struck the Horn of Africa, Save the Children helped 942,000 children by providing child-friendly spaces, education and counseling services, reuniting children with their families and providing foster families when needed.
• Save the Children provided relief, care and protection for nearly 7.6 million children caught up in natural disasters, including the Japan earthquake and tsunami, tornadoes in Alabama and Missouri, and drought in the Horn of Africa.
• Save the Children’s education programs helped more than 15 million children improve their skills and engage in learning in 26 countries.
• Save the Children’s health programs reached 16 million children, many through frontline health workers we trained, who played a critical role in treating life-threatening diseases such as pneumonia, malaria and diarrhea.
• Save the Children worked in 120 countries, including the United States, and helped more than 185 million children — including more than 62 million children directly.
• We launched Literacy Boost in 8 more countries for a total of 32 countries.
• After Nepal’s devastating earthquakes, we directly reached more than 500,000 children and adults with lifesaving relief and long-term recovery support.
• 22.6 million children received high-impact health care and Save the Children directly reached another 11.1 million through our nutrition programs.
•Our new Emergency Health Unit currently supports three, six-person primary health teams, each capable of managing 27,000 primary health-care cases every 3 months.
• Our work led to 6.8 million lifesaving health interventions, including for malaria, pneumonia, diarrhea and malnutrition.
• We responded to 99 humanitarian crises in 59 countries, addressing the unique needs of vulnerable children around the world.
• Save the Children directly helped 13.8 million people, including 7.1 million children through our humanitarian response work.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard. We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
· No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
· All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
· Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.