The Senior Supply Associate manages and supports all activities pertaining to the supply chain function including planning, sourcing & procurement, transport, shipping, customs clearance, warehousing, assets & fleet management and monitoring, as applicable for the area of responsibility (AoR). The incumbent is supervised by a higher level supply position and receives regular guidance and instructions from the supervisor on successive steps. S/he may supervise some general service and/or AWF staff. The incumbent maintains regular contact on a working level on routine issues with other UNHCR offices, UN agencies, NGOs, government partners and commercial contractors in the area to facilitate performing the supply function. The duty of the Senior Supply Associate is to support and monitor the management of material resources within the geographical area covered while exercising efficiency in the use of the available resources.
– In compliance with supply chain rules and procedures, support the related supply activities to facilitate UNHCR end to end processes resulting in a timely and quality delivery of goods and services to persons of concern.
– Prepare plans for delivery of relief and other non-food items according to the operational needs and regularly update the information in UNHCR IT systems.
– Apply UNHCR’s sourcing & procurement strategy when planning for purchase of important commodities and services. Update the information in UNHCR IT systems.
– Contribute to preparing supply chain management plans, implement them and provide information on the status of requests and the availability of items in the different steps of the supply chain.
– Maintain accurate and comprehensive records on supply activities and provide timely reports and updates both periodically and on request.
– Evaluate purchase requisitions to ensure that specifications, delivery dates and all other requirements are in order.
In the Country Operations
– Ensure local liaison with partners to effectively support the supply activities. – Provide effective local support to UNHCR supply chain to develop an infrastructure that accommodates the needs of its operation.
– Manage storage of goods according to “best practices” and UNHCR rules and regulations. – Ensure timely customs clearance of consignments.
– Coordinate supply activities of UNHCR Partners and/or contractors performing supply related activities, and ensure that they understand and adhere to relevant UNHCR rules and procedures.
– Establish PPE status through regular physical verification.
– Manage PPE disposal process for the old/obsolete items according to Asset Management Board decisions and plan for replacement items.
– Implement effective asset and fleet management that regularly monitors the asset/fleet pool, saves cost and safeguards the investment of the organisation including receipt, inspection, registration & marking of new Property, Plant and Equipment (PPE), and organisation of the physical verification of PPE.
– Adapt local supply chain structures to be consistent with the operational needs. Ensure effective information flow in the supply chain and adapt local process to the prevailing environment.
Education & Professional Work Experience Years of Experience / Degree Level For G7
– 4 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher Field(s) of Education Not applicable Certificates and/or Licenses Trade; Commerce; Business Administration; Economics; Marketing; or other relevant field.
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English. For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language. For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English. All UNHCR workforce members must individually and collectively, contribute towards a working environment where each person feels safe, and empowered to perform their duties. This includes by demonstrating no tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment including sexual harassment, sexism, gender inequality, discrimination, and abuse of power.