Australian Catholic University (ACU) was build on a foundation of great leadership and self-awareness. They follow a distinct mission, strong sense of identity, and unwavering set of principles as a Catholic university. All three lead our employees and students in their daily lives and have an impact on the decisions we make as a higher education institution.
Also Read: How Boardroom appointments work
Australian Catholic University is dedicated to the pursuit of knowledge, the dignity of the human person, and the common good within the context of the Catholic intellectual tradition and acting in Truth and Love.
The foundation of Australian Catholic University is a long-standing dedication to the three guiding principles of truth, academic excellence, and service. But, there are additional significant principles, such as equity, diversity, accessibility, welfare, and sustainability, that improve the ACU experience for both students and staff.
The history of ACU in Australia predates our establishment in 1991. Our patron Saint Mary Mackillop’s birth in 1842 served as the impetus for the establishment of a Catholic institution in Australia.
To learn with us, you don’t have to be a Catholic. Staff and students at our university, regardless of their religious beliefs or lack thereof, are dedicated to the advancement of knowledge, human dignity, and the common good. They operate within the context of respect for our mission and tradition.
|Sponsors||Australian Catholic University|
|Closing Date||31 August 2023|
|Eligible Candidates||Foreign Students|
No formal application is required. The University will assess your eligibility based on the information in your application to study at ACU. Commencing students who are successful scholarship recipients will be notified by ACU.
About this scholarship
The Peter Faber Business School is global in its outlook and pursues academic excellence and sustainability.
The Peter Faber Business School will be awarding scholarships up to AU$5000 per year to commencing students studying business and information technology programs.
Scholarship recipients will receive a tuition-fee reduction for the minimum CRICOS registered duration of their course
- A tuition-fee waiver of up to $2,500 will be awarded each semester to commencing undergraduate and postgraduate students
- The maximum value of the scholarships are
- Undergraduate 3 year degree $15,000
- Undergraduate 4 year double degree $20,000
- Postgraduate 2 year degree $10,000
- For students commencing in July 2019 the semester value will be $1,500 for undergraduate students and $2,000 for postgraduate students.
Future or Commencing Students
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Citizenship: International students
- School: Peter Faber Business School
- Course: Business and Information Technology
- Campus: All (onshore campuses only – excludes ACU Online)
- Year level: first year
- Study load: full-time
- The scholarship does not apply to higher degree research or honours programs, or certificates or diplomas.
- must not be receiving any other scholarship or award if the total combined value exceeds the tuition fee for the course.
- must not be attending ACU as a Study Abroad or Exchange student
- must commence studies between July 2019 and December 2023.
- must not be in receipt of an Australian Catholic University International Student Scholarship (ISS).
- The scholarship may not be deferred to a subsequent semester.
To remain eligible for this scholarship, recipients are required to maintain the following:
- Must pass at least three subjects in the prior semester to remain eligible.
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of three units in the current semester
- Students must pay required tuition fees by relevant due dates.
- The Scholarship is not transferable to alternative courses or campuses post initial enrolment.
- Successful applicants must also agree to act as student ambassadors for ACU and support promotional activities.
- The Scholarship may not be deferred to a subsequent commencement.