UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UNDP works to eradicate poverty, reduce inequalities, and protect the planet through the sustainable development of nations, in more than 170 countries and territories. We help countries develop strong policies, skills, partnerships and institutions so they can sustain their progress. In Zimbabwe, UNDP is working for a Zimbabwe that is empowered and more resilient to create and sustain growth that will improve people’s lives. We focus on areas that have a multiplier effect through a targeted build-up of capacities, policies, the creation of dialogue space, and scalable downstream interventions.
UNDP Zimbabwe is working with the Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) in Zimbabwe to support the government of Zimbabwe attain its climate goals through the Climate Adaptation Water and Energy Programme (CAWEP). The CAWEP programme aims to support vulnerable communities and institutions’ adaptation and resilience capacity to climate shocks. Through this programme UNDP and FCDO is supporting the development of climate resilient, water and renewable energy infrastructure in vulnerable communities of Zimbabwe to enable (i) continued access to water for productive and household use, including during droughts and floods, and (ii) improved access to clean and affordable energy to support economic activities with the intention of supporting more sustainable livelihoods’ outcomes. The project will align and contribute towards the Government of Zimbabwe’s (GoZ) climate change priorities outlined in various strategies, such as its National Development Strategy.
|Closing Date||23 March 2023|
|Eligible Candidate Qualifications||Degree|
Against this background, the UNDP Zimbabwe Country Office is seeking a Project Analyst to support the Project Manager and the other project team members implementation, management and provision of technical support to the relevant government stakeholders and project participants to achieve the desired project results. The Project Analyst reports to the Project Manager. They will also work in liaison with the UNDP CO colleagues, Regional Technical Advisors, Partners and Government-nominated project focal points.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in a subject related to natural resource management, climate change, environmental sciences, and related fields.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field in combination with 2 additional years of qualifying experience will be given due consideration in lieu of Master’s degree.
- At least 2 years of experience in resilience building, climate change adaptation, energy and water and disaster risk management.
- Experience working with ministries, and national local government institutions that are concerned with climate change, natural resource and/or environmental management, energy, agriculture will be an added advantage.
- Strong coordination skills, with a demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate the implementation of large multi-stakeholder projects, including financial and technical aspects.
- Strong drafting, presentation and reporting skills.
- Strong communication skills, especially in timely and accurate responses to emails.
- Strong computer skills, in particular mastery of all applications of the MS Office package and internet search.
- Excellent command of English.
Desired additional skills:
- Minimum 2 years experience in project management with multiple partners across sectors;
- Demonstrable hands-on experience and knowledge on resilience building, climate change adaptation, water and energy as well as disaster risk Reduction;
- Demonstrable experience in implementing project through the government systems on aspects of local business /economic development, agriculture water and energy;
- Experience and knowledge in basic project monitoring and evaluation.
- Solid experience and knowledge in policy advocacy and policy development and operationalization.
- Excellent command of English and Shona is a requirement.
For more job vacancies click here: employment-book